Baseball

beachbumdawg

Nov 28, 2006
Heard Mershon (hamstring) and Dotson got injured today - what’s the word on Dotson

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Just saw where Steve Carlton pitched 30 complete games in 1972. Players are so fragile now, I can only surmise it’s due to year round training.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Just saw where Steve Carlton pitched 30 complete games in 1972. Players are so fragile now, I can only surmise it’s due to year round training.
Most of these ‘trainers’ and lesson givers these days really have no idea how to prevent injury. There is good and bad with new and old school. But so many of these trainers and coaches have egos and only know their own way, and they live off name cache, i.e. what they did in high school and college. Nevermind that playing, coaching and training are all different skills. But don’t let that get in the way of one-upping other parents, right?

Literally NONE of these guys are employing dynamic stretching ahead of workouts/playing and static after. Simplest principle ever. And none would be caught dead doing yoga moves, which actually physically prevent so many pulls and strains.

But nope, got to do it the tough way because that’s how Joe Bob did it at Weir in 2003, and he got me to JUCO.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
Alright. Let’s get college baseball started. I always pull for State (except when they’re playing my Mustard Buzzards). I’m ready for some Cox all up in my ears.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login