Based on very early returns. Is the howland era coming to an end?

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Another opportunity to inject enthusiasm into the season Sat night ended like so many others before it with a disappointing loss. This one to the net 120 team on the road.

Another familiar refrain with some RAT going off on us for a career night. It just has happened way too often to be a coincidence.

I know we have a lot of basketball left to be played and while I am rooting for us in every single one of them I must confess I'm not optimistic that we will win enough to get us in the dance.

As was said by many before the season, no dance should mean no more Ben at State.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Not until this changes:

Note- we are now down to 41 after the Ole Miss loss.

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
Based on that we should have kept Ray! Look at that upward trend. I have a feeling that the boosters will be ready for change after all the talent they provided this team. What we think has little to do with it.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
I don’t understand how our KenPom rating is that high. We have absolutely no quality wins. None. No Q1 wins and I don’t think any Q2 wins either. Nothing that will drive fan excitement, that’s for sure.

msstate7

Nov 27, 2008
I don’t understand how our KenPom rating is that high. We have absolutely no quality wins. None. No Q1 wins and I don’t think any Q2 wins either. Nothing that will drive fan excitement, that’s for sure.

I hate the team so the formula must be wrong!

patdog

May 28, 2007
All this shows is how much ******** the Kenpom rankings are.

Edit: For the record, I’m not in favor of firing Howland. But I do hope he retires.

Last edited:

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I hate the team so the formula must be wrong!

I like basketball, watch every MSU game thats on TV, and actually enjoy seeing games(unlike 70% of the verbal SPS members).
With that said, I too am surprised the KenPom rating is so high. Based on having watched every game(but 1 that wasnt on TV?), being 38th(or 41st) in any overall team ranking is a surprise to me.

Nunya.sixpack

Jun 10, 2019
Based on that we should have kept Ray! Look at that upward trend. I have a feeling that the boosters will be ready for change after all the talent they provided this team. What we think has little to do with it.

Rick Ray might be available.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login