Basketball minutes...

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
I realize our past 2 opponents are less than par but KeShawn Murphy gives us a different look. Bigger body who shoots about as well as DJ. It will be interesting to see how Jans handles minutes.

I really like the lineup of KeShawn, Tolu, Cam, Hubbard and Shak. Then you have Fort coming back. The one guy who I loved last year who hasn't taken the next step...yet...is Shawn Jones.

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
Shawn Jones has a ceiling, and he may be near it. But he still gave valuable minutes. Sure, the competition was Missouri, but he didn't stand out for poor play at all.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Shawn Jones has a ceiling, and he may be near it. But he still gave valuable minutes. Sure, the competition was Missouri, but he didn't stand out for poor play at all.
He's fine defensively but his shot was a lot better last year.

Reactions: trob115

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
We would have beaten Bama at home with Murph playing. There's no doubt in my mind. Maybe another game too (UF? UM?), but for sure Bama. Our lack of length and/or vertical jump from our bigs against them was the difference. We can push other teams around, but Bama has too many long and athletic guys. We have one, and he sat on the bench.

Well, that and the refs cheating for Alabama. I know this is a whiny b!tch take and sour grapes, yadda yadda. 17 that, I saw what I saw.

PS 17 Nate Oats too.

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
Jones is nowhere near his ceiling.
He's a freak athlete with an average to below average shot. Plays hard, hustles, and can still improve and get more consistent with his on-ball defense. I'd say he is near his ceiling, and there's nothing wrong with that. He's a key role player . . . nothing more. Not bad at all for a walk-on.

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
He's a freak athlete with an average to below average shot. Plays hard, hustles, and can still improve and get more consistent with his on-ball defense. I'd say he is near his ceiling, and there's nothing wrong with that. He's a key role player . . . nothing more. Not bad at all for a walk-on.
While I agree with most of what you said, I think Jones can develop his skillset enough to be an SEC All-Star. His athletic potential is beyond most of the other players, just needs to work on some fundamental skills and gain about 15 lbs of muscle.

60sdog

Oct 9, 2010
I realize our past 2 opponents are less than par but KeShawn Murphy gives us a different look. Bigger body who shoots about as well as DJ. It will be interesting to see how Jans handles minutes.

I really like the lineup of KeShawn, Tolu, Cam, Hubbard and Shak. Then you have Fort coming back. The one guy who I loved last year who hasn't taken the next step...yet...is Shawn Jones.
Jones' form on his 3 point shots is awkward. That has to hurt his accuracy.

NWADog

Aug 16, 2014
Pre-season Jones talked about his spot being the corner and I’ve seen that man air ball about 8 in the last 4 games from that spot. He’s just not shooting with confidence right now but luckily his athleticism and length is really helping defensively and he’s had some nice finishes at the rim. Once he gets more confidence I think he can be really really good

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login