Basketball Question

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
Let me preface by saying basketball is the one sport I never played in school so I am not any type of expert. So I thought I'd ask some of you experts. It seems like other teams all have players that can just face up a defender and score. It seems all of our shots have to be created by screens, motions, etc to get separation . Is that a player talent issue, player type issue, or offensive design issue?

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I Dont Know No Idea GIF by AutoTraderUK

But we do have a lot of expert fans who know we suck and aren't going to make the tourney.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

Crazy Cotton

Aug 26, 2012
Our best shooters - Hubbard, Shak, are not tall folks - gonna need a screen. Same reason OM guards could turn and shoot tonight when DJ or Jones weren't on them. Thought maybe Fort or Jones could bring that to the table, but Jones started tonight and took a total of 1 shot and I haven't seen Fort play in a while. Plus we have one of the best big-man scorers in the country, and Cam can get to the net when he wants. DJ hasn't shown much talent for the midrange jumper, although it seems like this was more his game several years ago.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login