Basketball Reseating - What a joke.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
So here we are again. Another reseat and the blue haired boomers have taken all the available lower bowl seats. All that is left is the upper half of the upper bowl, and I can get those tickets every single day for like 5 dollars a ticket except for big time weekend SEC matchups. If we are proceeding with this type of BS, at least give the students the entire sideline. We are dooming ourselves into a fanbase that doesn't stand, doesn't cheer, and most of the time doesn't even come to the games.

Attendance of the ticket holder needs to be tracked. If they don't hit at least a 50% attendance, they should be bumped down the priority list for basketball. This is getting dumb and the Hump has one of, if not the worst atmospheres in college basketball and due to our system we are actively repeating it.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
So here we are again. Another reseat and the blue haired boomers have taken all the available lower bowl seats. All that is left is the upper half of the upper bowl, and I can get those tickets every single day for like 5 dollars a ticket except for big time weekend SEC matchups. If we are proceeding with this type of BS, at least give the students the entire sideline. We are dooming ourselves into a fanbase that doesn't stand, doesn't cheer, and most of the time doesn't even come to the games.

Attendance of the ticket holder needs to be tracked. If they don't hit at least a 50% attendance, they should be bumped down the priority list for basketball. This is getting dumb and the Hump has one of, if not the worst atmospheres in college basketball and due to our system we are actively repeating it.
I’m not saying you’re wrong, and it irritates the hell out of me when our marketing team advertises sold out tickets, yet we turn on a Saturday game and see half the lower level empty.

That said, knowing our basketball fanbase like I know it, I’ve gotten to where I can see the other side too. We have one of the most fair weather fanbases in the country, and as much as it sucks to not be able to get seats that people want this season, my guess is that a lot of the folks complaining weren’t lining up for tickets during the last decade.

Bottom line for me is that if the long time donors are always going to get priority here, I get it, but there really needs to be a big incentive to get tickets in other fans’ hands when they can’t go(which is clearly often). Not sure how to crack that nut, but I’d love see a plan for it

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
The bitching has started already about empty seats 45 days before first tip off which should make for an epic year once the season actually starts. This has me already looking forward to the first complaint about baseball chairbacks and the lack of general admission seating at the Dude now. Pass the popcorn please..........

Reactions: MSUDOG24

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I've said it many times. They should set up a site where ticket holders who are not going to games can sell their tickets to MSU fans and gets points to improving ticket location selections.
we’ll have to add that to Charlie’s list of side projects because lord knows that no one within our army of athletic support staff has been able to figure this out during the last 25 years.

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
A ticket marketplace basically.

But they did something a few years back where season ticket holders collected points every time a ticket was actually scanned and used I believe. Season ticket holders were eligible for various things like an autographed basketball, some sort of end of season banquet etc. at least I think I remember that correctly. I didn’t have tickets so didn’t apply to me. If it was t successful then maybe they should revisit it with different reward options.

RevWGL

May 24, 2020
A lot of the Boomers come to every game. Many of those big blocks you see empty are corporate donors or pool donors (folks who combine their gifts under one Bulldog Club membership) who buy more seats than they need to be sure they have enough for those few big games. We had a text group in our section and always offered spare tickets to each other before we put them out for sale.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
A ticket marketplace basically.

But they did something a few years back where season ticket holders collected points every time a ticket was actually scanned and used I believe. Season ticket holders were eligible for various things like an autographed basketball, some sort of end of season banquet etc. at least I think I remember that correctly. I didn’t have tickets so didn’t apply to me. If it was t successful then maybe they should revisit it with different reward options.
They did that but it was nothing special. My wife and I went to enough of them that we got a walk through of the locker room, meeting area, film viewing area, etc but it wasn't that big a deal.

As for the suggestion above about selling them to just MSU fans. How do you police that?

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
A lot of the Boomers come to every game. Many of those big blocks you see empty are corporate donors or pool donors (folks who combine their gifts under one Bulldog Club membership) who buy more seats than they need to be sure they have enough for those few big games. We had a text group in our section and always offered spare tickets to each other before we put them out for sale.
this

JackShephard

Sep 27, 2011

The fact that you don't like it tells me that it's most likely a good thing.

Reactions: The Peeper

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
"Another reseat and the blue haired boomers have taken all the available lower bowl seats. If we are proceeding with this type of BS, at least give the students the entire sideline."

Wrong. If you haven't noticed since the last re-seat, Ma & Pa Kettle from Eupora and Maben got priced out of the bottom section when that re-seat happened. They can no longer afford the seat fee plus the season ticket itself, they were the ones 'bitchin loudest after that re-seat. Its the companies that you need to focus your angst at, you know, the companies that just pledged and are paying for the remodel construction at The Hump and the NIL $$. If you think grandma and grandpa paid for that you need to get out and mingle more often.

"Attendance of the ticket holder needs to be tracked. If they don't hit at least a 50% attendance, they should be bumped down the priority list for basketball."

Yeah, you go ahead and try and do that and watch what those donor$ do. I do agree with you, the seats should be used though. My dad worked for a company that had a sign up list for employees, if thecompay didn't have customers going, the employees got the tickets and they were always used.

Face it, DOLLARS drive the machine in this day and age, not loyalty.

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
They need some serious premium seating for the big donors and companies to free up some seats. But we put lipstick on the pig instead of building a new facility.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login