Basketball scheduling with Texas and OU

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
We have all been discussing the football scheduling but has there been anything said about how basketball would be done? I would assume you wouldn’t play as many teams twice and just fit it in?

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I’d go with play one team twice (for us that’d be Ole Miss) and then the others just once apiece.

But a part of me wonders about an 18-game conference schedule just to boost the SOS.

Maybe we can play two SWAC/MEAC teams instead of three.

Raiderdawg

Sep 28, 2022
I saw something a while back that suggested they were considering 18 games with each team playing everyone once and then grouping teams based on the previous year’s conference finish to get the 3 teams you play a second time.

If the conference goes that route and we use Tx’s and Oklahoma’s win % from this year, Alabama, Texas, A&M and Kentucky would play twice next year; Tennessee, Missouri, Vandy and Auburn would play twice; we would be play Florida, Arkansas and Georgia twice & LSU, Ole Miss, USCe and Oklahoma would play twice.

I have no idea if this idea has any traction or was just speculation. It’s been a few months since I saw it suggested.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login