Basketball Season Ticket Holders

GTAdawg

Sep 11, 2010
Have you received communication from the university asking for a "deposit" on your season tickets next year? I called the ticket office. Appears to be confusion that this only for "new" season ticket holders and not for current ticket holders.

RevWGL

May 24, 2020
It was poorly worded. I've gotten a couple of the emails. It may be because I bought extra GA tickets for a couple of games off of the MSU website.

HeCannotGo

Feb 23, 2011
I think this is just a nudge to capitalize on a good season by getting new folks thinking about season tickets. I don't think it's directed at current season ticket holders.

They did this at least once before, I think in the summer of last year. I was thinking about buying basketball season tickets for the first time and saw some communications about a $50 deposit. I called the Bulldog Club/ticket office to ask what effect the $50 deposit had. After a bit of throat clearing, they admitted there was no benefit to me. I'd still have the chance to buy tickets and select seats based on Bulldog Club rank. Paying the deposit did nothing for me and not paying it had no negative impact. I didn't pay the deposit and later got season tickets that I was happy with.

I plan to ignore the current deposit suggestion and will just renew my tickets when the time comes (presumably this summer).

GTAdawg

Sep 11, 2010
I think this is just a nudge to capitalize on a good season by getting new folks thinking about season tickets. I don't think it's directed at current season ticket holders.

They did this at least once before, I think in the summer of last year. I was thinking about buying basketball season tickets for the first time and saw some communications about a $50 deposit. I called the Bulldog Club/ticket office to ask what effect the $50 deposit had. After a bit of throat clearing, they admitted there was no benefit to me. I'd still have the chance to buy tickets and select seats based on Bulldog Club rank. Paying the deposit did nothing for me and not paying it had no negative impact. I didn't pay the deposit and later got season tickets that I was happy with.

I plan to ignore the current deposit suggestion and will just renew my tickets when the time comes (presumably this summer).
Thanks for the response. I figured this may be a tactic to create a notion that tickets would be hard to get. I'll just wait as normal to renewals as you suggested.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login