Basketball

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
We definitely have had a brutal schedule, really an unfair schedule, but at some point you gotta have wins. I’m afraid going 0 and four at the end is going to hurt badly.
Our SOS isn’t anything to write home about. Lots of teams have played a tougher schedule

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
That's one way to look at the schedule, but another is that we had eleven Quad 1 opportunities that a lot of other teams would kill for. The team deserves credit for two great wins against UT and Auburn, but going 1-8 through the rest of the schedule was pretty pitiful as was not finding a way to get just one win out of these last four. Just one, and we'd be safely in, but now the committee is going to be picking apart our resume along with a dozen other teams to see who deserves the last 4 spots

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
Unless we make it to Sunday next week I don’t think there’s a snowballs chance we make the Tourney.
They’re going to look at our last 5 regular season games and that’s going to end it for us.
One win against lsu isn’t going to do it for us.
Nor do we deserve to be in.

Reactions: josebrown

karlchilders.sixpack

Jun 5, 2008
Unless we make it to Sunday next week I don’t think there’s a snowballs chance we make the Tourney.
They’re going to look at our last 5 regular season games and that’s going to end it for us.
Last time I counted on that, we played KY in the finals, in Nashville, , barely lost, but still came up, snake eyes.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Got to have at least one win in the SECT. Very disappointing end to the regular season.

msudawg200

Feb 1, 2012
We are safely in with a win over LSU Thursday, a win over Tenn Friday, and a loss to whomever on Saturday. If we only beat LSU and lose to Tenn, it will be close.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Let’s see what the next couple of days hold but right now most of the bracket experts still have us in. Beat LSU and you’ve got a chance but it’s not quite a sure thing. Only way to not sweat next Sunday is still be playing on Saturday (so beat LSU and then Tennessee).

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
In total agreement here.
After tonight when Virginia wins they’ll probably jump us and we’ll be in the play in games.

if New Mexico and seton hall both win. It’s not good for us.

1 win vs lsu is basically a spot where it only helps us a little but a loss puts us out.

I totally agree. Barring 2 more wins, we are very much going to be a toss up at best

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
After tonight when Virginia wins they’ll probably jump us and we’ll be in the play in games.

1 win vs lsu is basically a spot where it only helps us a little but a loss puts us out.

I totally agree. Barring 2 more wins, we are very much going to be a toss up at best

Nah I don’t think Virginia is moving up that much by beating GT at home. New Mexico at Utah State is worth watching, though. Currently a close game right before half. Need a UNM loss.

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020

I think this team is in no matter what, one more win seal it

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login