BBQ Cafe - Decatur, GA

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Anyone been here? The logo is a picture or Mississippi with the slogan “a taste of BBQ straight out of the Sip”

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
Based on that picture on the website it looks halfway between good and Lincoln Riley. I would skip it if that is the best they can do.

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
I’ve been there. Wife and I use to live in Decatur when we first moved to ATL. Really good people and good bbq. Had some grest conversations about Starkville

Reactions: 57stratdawg

af102

May 17, 2009
Kimball House really is one of the best places to eat in Atlanta. If I could afford to do it, I would eat there once a week.

My friends opened a new coffee shop/roastery across from KH and next door to BBQ Cafe last year, and it’s a great place. https://www.opocoffee.com/

Reactions: 57stratdawg

HeCannotGo

Feb 23, 2011
BBQ Cafe is a solid restaurant run by nice folks. We had an MSU Alumni Association gathering there a few months ago. Food was good and service was top-notch. I'm not in that area often but would definitely have this place on my rotation if I lived a bit closer.

HeCannotGo

Feb 23, 2011
And slightly off topic, but I encourage the Atlanta-area folks to join the local alumni association for our monthly dinners. We did BBQ for about a year, then Buford Highway ethnic joints for another year. We're now touring taco restaurants around the metro area.

Shoot me a private message if you'd like more information.

af102

May 17, 2009
And slightly off topic, but I encourage the Atlanta-area folks to join the local alumni association for our monthly dinners. We did BBQ for about a year, then Buford Highway ethnic joints for another year. We're now touring taco restaurants around the metro area.

Shoot me a private message if you'd like more information.
Every time I’ve looked up where watch parties or tour stops are, they are almost always OTP north somewhere. How often are events actually in the city?

HeCannotGo

Feb 23, 2011
Every time I’ve looked up where watch parties or tour stops are, they are almost always OTP north somewhere. How often are events actually in the city?
The BBQ gatherings were all over the metro area. The Buford Highway dinners were all on--you guessed it-- Buford Highway. The June taco dinner was ITP at El Ponce, and we'll be back ITP on November 15 at Taqueria del Sol on Howell Mill.

The primary game watch location is still Hooligans on Holcomb Bridge, but we've also had a couple at Taco Mac Cumberland. We'll probably continue the Taco Mac watch parties for football this fall, at least for road games. It's a little harder to organize for home games because most of us are in Starkville for those.

Hope this helps.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Never tried it, but the Kimball House across the street is outstanding.
It’s excellent. I always recommend it when people ask for Atl recs. I had dinner there last night when I noticed the BBQ place across the street.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login