Beamer names Sellers starting QB

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
With all the typical caveats. Basically he’s the starter but it’s anybody’s job to win.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Vote of confidence and motivator, for all QB's.
Yep.

I kind of miss the old days when the coach would just name a starter and all the QBs would still work their butts off just because that's what you did. Now coaches have to add all the caveats that the starter could lose his job if he doesn't work hard and the backup could win the job if he does work hard.

Reactions: 1vagamecock

1vagamecock

Jan 19, 2022
Yep.

I kind of miss the old days when the coach would just name a starter and all the QBs would still work their butts off just because that's what you did. Now coaches have to add all the caveats that the starter could lose his job if he doesn't work hard and the backup could win the job if he does work hard.
I agree.
I'm guessing it's the new normal.
Sellers seems like he is a good kid, but try to get kids from this generation to work hard at anything.
I really worry for my Grandkids and if there will be a country left when they get to my age. Of course this is the fault of us adults for raising a generation of " me first" and "everyone is a winner " as well as letting te school systems raise them.
Again Sellers seems like a great kid.
(My Tuesday morning rant is over)

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
I agree.
I'm guessing it's the new normal.
Sellers seems like he is a good kid, but try to get kids from this generation to work hard at anything.
I really worry for my Grandkids and if there will be a country left when they get to my age. Of course this is the fault of us adults for raising a generation of " me first" and "everyone is a winner " as well as letting te school systems raise them.
Again Sellers seems like a great kid.
(My Tuesday morning rant is over)

Yeah, I don't really take it so much as a reflection on Sellers as just the generation overall. Seems it used to just mostly be unspoken that, in either, case, backup or starter, you had to work your butt off.