BECAUSE MAYBE - YOURE GONNA BE THE ONE THAT SAVES ME

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
Those blokes look like they've had a bottle or two Four Roses.

Last edited:

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
I’m trying out if I’m too old or too young to never have heard of this band.

My guess is too young.

Ya see, that bloke with the mustache and the watermelons...well he was from Manchester, UK. While his schtick was prop comedy, his two sons were contentious musicians.

• Haha
Reactions: HailStout

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
The 90’s music was a hangover after the 80’s party of the millennium

This is exactly how I feel about Grunge‡ & the late 90's early 00's "Rock."

It's just whiny as 17!

And I love some tear-jerkin' old country. I could go into an extended exposition if I'm asked, but I won't bore y'all with it unsolicited.

‡ Alice in Chains notwithstanding.

ETA: I don't put Oasis or much British music in this same category at all. That's a completely different sound. Richard Ashcroft is melancholic as 17, but is somehow great. It's not whiny.

Last edited:

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
"a series of concerts next summer"?? Um, football season is underway and these has been's from 15 years ago want some air time? Ain't got time for that.......especially a band I've never even heard of

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

It's just whiny as 17!

And I love some tear-jerkin' old country. I could go into an extended exposition if I'm asked, but I won't bore y'all with it unsolicited.

ETA: I don't put Oasis or much British music in this same category at all. That's a completely different sound. Richard Ashcroft is melancholic as 17, but is somehow great. It's not whiny.
Alice In Chains is something different.

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012
I just went to youtube and played a few of their songs, nope never heard not one of them. Thought maybe I had just forgotten about them. Good to know my memory is still in tack though.

Villagedawg

Nov 16, 2005

It's just whiny as 17!

I contend that AIC is more metal than grunge. Perhaps the start of the new metal genre.

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012

puke GIF

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
Most overrated garbage I've ever heard. Spice Girls were better than that cr@p.

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
With enough cigarettes and alcohol this will definitely maybe happen. I wonder(wall) what's the story behind them finally getting back together. Some might say don't look back in anger, and I guess they decided to just roll with it.

I can't 17ing wait.
@OurPrideAndJoySnots and I are going to make a run at Dublin tickets. I have low expectations as I expect the internet to break at release and instantly 1 million tickets will have been allocated and none to me.

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
Somebody tell those mother17ers Gen X has traded them to the millennials for a band to be named later.

17 me were becoming Boomers fellers. Our shìtty bands that went away are now coming back for their AARP years.
As a boomer I have to chuckle at some of you guys coming to the realization that you are becoming the next gen of "boomers". It comes faster than you think. Turned 68 recently and all I could think was NFW. I could claim 60'ish not long ago and now I have to go with 70'ish.
Always think back to my days in HS listening to Elton John's first album "who'll walk me down to church when I'm 60 years of age and the ragged dog they gave me is 10 years in the grave". That would be me now (and then some), but I'm still standing so there's that.
Played in a band in the 90's and covered Wonderwall, She's Electric and Don't Look Back in Anger. Crowd seemed to like it but they had been drinking. Two observation from my experience 1) bar/venue owners don't really care if you're any good as long as you bring a "top shelf" drinking crowd with you 2) being in a R&R band is everything you could imagine it would be (didn't do the sex and drugs part but holy shlt, it was insane the later it got into the evening).

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012

All of you 90’s music haters are cuntshits.

I was trying to figure out how to share this tweet in a group text on my phone. Ended up scrolling through months of this guy's feed. He posts some pretty poignant stuff. I mean none of it is his own, but the quotes and clips he finds are great.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login