Been listening to the Josh Pate podcast, since Andy Staples & Friends has been on off the air.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
I've listened to a month's worth of episodes and I have to admit - I don't get it. I don't get the appeal so chalk it up to different taste or whatever.

Then I heard Hadad GUSHING over Pate. Now I'm like, what am I missing?

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I've listened to a month's worth of episodes and I have to admit - I don't get it. I don't get the appeal so chalk it up to different taste or whatever.

Then I heard Hadad GUSHING over Pate. Now I'm like, what am I missing?
I think it’s because he’s one of the few national guys that actually give us respect. From his last year preseason prediction:
Best case: 9-3

Worst case: 3-9

Prediction: 8-4

Pate's take: "We have Mississippi State power-rated No. 20 and a lot of people are looking at me sideways. I think if you put LSU jerseys on this team, they would be a lot of folk' darkhorse contender in the SEC West. The only thing you doubt about them is you haven't seen Mississippi State do it. This team can do it. They play our toughest schedule in the country. Mississippi State will take their lumps this year but they have an underrated roster. Had an NFL scout-type tell me this is the most underrated roster in the country. I just think they’re being overlooked because they’re Mississippi State. Not because of what they do or don’t possess the ability to do. 8-4 would be a phenomenal year. It’s likely that they’ve played at a top-15 level nationally, that’s how tough it is to win eight games.”

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
I think it’s because he’s one of the few national guys that actually give us respect. From his last year preseason prediction:
Best case: 9-3

Worst case: 3-9

Prediction: 8-4

Pate's take: "We have Mississippi State power-rated No. 20 and a lot of people are looking at me sideways. I think if you put LSU jerseys on this team, they would be a lot of folk' darkhorse contender in the SEC West. The only thing you doubt about them is you haven't seen Mississippi State do it. This team can do it. They play our toughest schedule in the country. Mississippi State will take their lumps this year but they have an underrated roster. Had an NFL scout-type tell me this is the most underrated roster in the country. I just think they’re being overlooked because they’re Mississippi State. Not because of what they do or don’t possess the ability to do. 8-4 would be a phenomenal year. It’s likely that they’ve played at a top-15 level nationally, that’s how tough it is to win eight games.”
I saw that last year. That's why I keep listening, even though I roll my eyes through half of what he says.

Hadad called him the best in the business.

L4MANDW

Feb 21, 2018
I listen to Pate sporadically as note interest of various shows appeal to me. I like his take on sports and the way he lays his podcast out. Don’t listen to every episode but tune in often. Plus, I believe ole Josh is a southern boy, so that can’t be all that bad….

MaroonSadness99

Aug 1, 2022
I’m a big fan of late kick. I agree with most of his viewpoints on cfb. I think he does kind of suck off the big brands for views though

The Fatboy

Oct 18, 2005
He's one of the best at analytics and being subjective about a team. When I listen to him talk about any team, I know he did his own research and doesn't care about the logo on the helment.

StumpNewGround

Dec 9, 2022
He's one of the best at analytics and being subjective about a team. When I listen to him talk about any team, I know he did his own research and doesn't care about the logo on the helment.
Agree. I’ll sporadically listen to him during the season. I’ll give him this, his gambling picks are pretty good. And by pretty good I mean he hits better than 50%. Historically In sports gambling if you hit 60%+ you’re a god.

graddawg

Jun 4, 2007
I have desperately been awaiting Andy’s announcement and return.
Same here. I’m sure whatever Andy has in the works will be great, but his chemistry with Ari was really good. I miss it. And poor Ari sounds like someone ran over his dog every time I hear him talk about Andy now.

Last edited:

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Same here. I’m sure whatever Andy has in the works will be great, but his chemistry with Ari was really good. I miss it. And poor Ari sounds like someone ran over his dog every time I hear him talk about Andy now.
He’s joining the Pack.

Reactions: sixpackspeak

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
I occasionally watch some of his YT clips. His analysis is pretty good though I don’t quite jive with his persona.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
My go to as far as national guys is the Solid Verbal. A bit more of a light hearted take on it all, but still good analysis and they always have good guests. Dan is an Oregon fan and Ty is a Notre Dame fan so they aren’t SEC guys, but still very knowledgeable.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login