Being in the SEC helps, but it won't solve all your problems.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
The Malzahn deal killed them.

Man, as much grief as Cohen takes from our people, I really am glad we had him at the helm during this COVID stuff. We are very stable, money-wise, in the big 3 sports, which is where our money comes from. Leach likely isn't going anywhere for a while, since he's old and all, and I doubt he will ever suck bad enough to fire. Howland likely will retire before he's fired. No problems with baseball obviously.

It could be SO MUCH worse.

philduckworth

Feb 20, 2015
Auburn almost 10 mil in the hole this past year. Regime changes aren't cheap, especially in the present time. We don't have the $$ AU has to piss away and obviously they don't either. Something to consider when folks start screaming "We need to fire [insert name here]." Not naming anyone in particular, just pointing out reality.

https://www.on3.com/college/auburn-...BvWeYQVI6UhhM5hgcC9RXYOI-SvI1aXxEHdU0AD2peL-4

This is what happens when a guy like Jimmy Sexton gets in negotitations with a guy who is not qualifed to run a multi-million dollar athletic department. Not to mention the booster pressure. And the AD, who sometimes is just a former coach, is trying to save his own ***.

philduckworth

Feb 20, 2015
Does anyone know the status of Leach's contract? I hope the buyout isn't increasing with any sort of extention he may have gotten. We have to remember, we are only bidding against ourselves.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Auburn and others have their own "problems" that have nothing to do with the SEC.

They agreed to a stupid money buyout clause and then paid the aforementioned stupid money.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
One day, this group will appreciate the fiscal stability that LT provided MSU

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
If Hollywood did a movie about Our LT instead of Ole Miss’s LT, it would have won Best Picture. **

Is Michael Lewis in the house? **

Maroonthirteen

Aug 22, 2012
Hmm, I thought there were still a few Templeton troughs scattered around to enjoy.

Also, LTs fiscal genius can be remembered by the top row of the east side. Which is nothing but a concrete walkway now. Careful, don't stub your toe on the studs from bleachers past.

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
LSU lost millions, mainly because of a decline in revenue from ticket sales, because of Covid. I suspect that ticket sales will be back to normal soon. Rich southerners love college football and spend big on winning programs.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021
You sat in the BSU section, didn’t you?

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006

HAH! — I have to steal the gif, Goat…

Definitely not, Shmuley.

When you’re Aspergers and consider yourself unwelcome in churches because many so-called churchgoers refuse to communicate with me and call me closed-minded when it’s actually them who are closed-minded because they refuse to communicate at face value with a differently minded guy…

My experience has been that many churchgoers only want to communicate with people who think the same as them and do not want to deal at all with folks on the spectrum.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Hmm, I thought there were still a few Templeton troughs scattered around to enjoy.

Depends what you mean by "troughs." While I am no apologist for LT, one can't deny that the program operated in the black and created revenue, even while having the WORST of brands to work.

Smoked Toag

Jul 15, 2021

HAH! — I have to steal the gif, Goat…

Definitely not, Shmuley.

When you’re Aspergers and consider yourself unwelcome in churches because many so-called churchgoers refuse to communicate with me and call me closed-minded when it’s actually them who are closed-minded because they refuse to communicate at face value with a differently minded guy…

My experience has been that many churchgoers only want to communicate with people who think the same as them and do not want to deal at all with folks on the spectrum.
He was responding to the Mr. Cook LT-loving dude I believe.

The other possibility besides BSU is that he’s a 55+ dude that probably honestly believes that Ron Polk but the modern MSU baseball program.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
He was responding to the Mr. Cook LT-loving dude I believe.

The other possibility besides BSU is that he’s a 55+ dude that probably honestly believes that Ron Polk but the modern MSU baseball program.

The other possibility is a posing, participation trophy-owning millennial

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login