Ben Howland, non troll

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
I’ve been one of his tougher critics…and this may come off as contradicting…however you want to shake it…Ben Howland is a good coach. He hasn’t made it exactly easy on himself but I admire him trying to install a system …an effective system…the downside..like any system, it gets better with time

Ben’s rarely returned a core group longer than 2 years..and the attrition with transfers and covid…

Surrounded by a cheating scandal in the middle of his best run…

Somewhere in there, he had a moon growing in his jaw!

His bad games are as horrible as basketball can be…

But as a whole, his teams play hard…it just has never quite come together.

I do believe he is a good person with great leadership qualities and a HOF resume. He’s been good here, hampered by his system and things out of his control.

As ****** as my troll was, it showed different perspective. This will hopefully do the same.

Lets see if Ben can make one last push …he’s shown as much passion this season as all the others put together.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
This team is a tournament team if Tolu is healthy all year. Honestly, maybe a Top 25 team.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Howland creates quite the dilemma for State fans because I’ve come to a conclusion that we’re only going to have one of three types of coaching tenures.

1. Just bad basketball - Ray
2. Some high highs and low lows - RW and Stans
3. Steady Eddie - Howland

In the grand scheme of things, Howland’s teams are competitive, and he’s done a reasonably good job, but the obvious issue is that he just can’t seem to ever get that boulder over the hill. I’m ready for him to move on because I feel like it’s pretty dang clear as to what we get with him, and that’s frankly not enough for me. I want those high highs even if it means an occasional step or two back. I definitely respect the man though

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login