Ben Sasse stepping down as UF President

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Good man. Smart, principled man. One of the reasons I liked DeSantis. He's not just performing anti-wokeness but directly challenging it. Conservatives need more smart people like Sasse in important positions to counter the dominance of leftism in elite cultural and educational institutions.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Good man. Smart, principled man. One of the reasons I liked DeSantis. He's not just performing anti-wokeness but directly challenging it. Conservatives need more smart people like Sasse in important positions to counter the dominance of leftism in elite cultural and educational institutions.
What do those opinions have to do with anything in this thread? A man steps down from power to tend to family. I can't think of anything in starker contrast to today's political climate. Everything in the world is not political. Sasse's tweet had nothing political in it, and it is extremely unlikely that anything he did had anything to do with politics.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
What do those opinions have to do with anything in this thread? A man steps down from power to tend to family. I can't think of anything in starker contrast to today's political climate. Everything in the world is not political. Sasse's tweet had nothing political in it, and it is extremely unlikely that anything he did had anything to do with politics.
Maybe so. Likely not the time or thread for an impulse post like that. I wasn't trying to hijack it but I think your response is a reasonable assessment I need to consider in the future before posting.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I strongly disagree with Sasse's stated views on multiple cultural and social issues, but appreciate he is someone that is honest in how he has come to have his views, and consistent in holding onto those views.

Terrible to hear why he is stepping down.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Odd timing for your high horse comment given your hijack earlier.

Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
I strongly disagree with Sasse's stated views on multiple cultural and social issues, but appreciate he is someone that is honest in how he has come to have his views, and consistent in holding onto those views.

Terrible to hear why he is stepping down.
please refrain from mentioning his views in this thread.***

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
I heard about that last night.

Too bad for him and his family.

I’ve heard nothing but good things about Sasse.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login