Benjamin Watson wasn’t a fan of Peter Burns comment Saturday

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
He's way too classy a guy, but if only Benjamin had immediately ribbed ole Peter about the diddling adventures of his ex . . .
pic.jpg

Reactions: Leeshouldveflanked

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
I'm drawing a blank on what this is from.
Back in the aughts, Peter would get loaded and then shill for ole Stacie on every sports message board to be voted hottest sports babe for a variety of publications back where they were living in San Antonio. Lots of evidence floating around San Antonio and Baton Rouge that he was a world-class cuck because that's just the way it was going to be.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022

******* ridiculous. Count me as firmly on Team Rock and Burns. You expect Will Smith to be soft, he's pampered and gets paid to pretend to be an athlete... but this surprises me coming from an ex-football player. Has he forgotten what it was like in a locker room? Did he threaten to beat up every guy who ever told a Yo Mama joke too? Sheesh.

olblue

Mar 11, 2018
******* ridiculous. Count me as firmly on Team Rock and Burns. You expect Will Smith to be soft, he's pampered and gets paid to pretend to be an athlete... but this surprises me coming from an ex-football player. Has he forgotten what it was like in a locker room? Did he threaten to beat up every guy who ever told a Yo Mama joke too? Sheesh.
It wasn’t in a locker room. It was on a live TV show about college football. Burns forgot he wasn’t at the middle school lunch table.

Reactions: She Mate Me

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
It wasn’t in a locker room. It was on a live TV show about college football. Burns forgot he wasn’t at the middle school lunch table.
Right, I forgot this was a solemn news program on a serious topic like who won the Tennessee-South Carolina game. Former athletes and guys talking sports never rib each other on those shows.

Will Smith was in the right too, because dammit, they were trying to have a serious Hollywood awards show. Chris Rock was crazy to tell a joke.

Like I said, soft as goose ****.

Bulldog from Birth

Jan 23, 2007
If Ben Watson didn’t want his wife to be talked about, he shouldn’t have brought her up. He’s the one who mentioned her first. “my wife likes my clothing choices!” “That’s not what she told me!” I don’t see how this could be such a big deal.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Well, I was today years old when I put together that Stacie the Sports Chick is the girl Burns likes to blog/talk about leaving him. Wow.

If you chase something like that, you deserve exactly what you inevitably get.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
If Ben Watson didn’t want his wife to be talked about, he shouldn’t have brought her up. He’s the one who mentioned her first. “my wife likes my clothing choices!” “That’s not what she told me!” I don’t see how this could be such a big deal.

Burns made fun of his suit. Watson flippantly defended himself saying his wife likes it.

That doesn't give you open season to infer an NFL tight end's wife sends you text messages on the sly on live TV.

I like Peter Burns, but that was some over the line ****, and now he's very clear about that.

Reactions: chuckster.sixpack

TheStateUofMS

Dec 26, 2009
So what ended up happening? Are they cool? Him walking back to the table during a live shot made it seem like it was staged but perhaps not?

Reactions: AFDawg

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
So what ended up happening? Are they cool? Him walking back to the table during a live shot made it seem like it was staged but perhaps not?
He apparently posted on twitter that he's moving on but that burns owes his wife a public apology.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I thought it was funny too. I believe Watson was a little too sensitive...maybe that jab landed a little close.
I thought it was a stupid joke and not very funny. But not really something you'd expect anybody to take too seriously though.

But some people just don't want to joke about that type of stuff at all, either b/c they're just wired that way or because there is or has been something going on that makes it a little close to home, as you mentioned.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I thought it was a stupid joke and not very funny. But not really something you'd expect anybody to take too seriously though.

But some people just don't want to joke about that type of stuff at all, either b/c they're just wired that way or because there is or has been something going on that makes it a little close to home, as you mentioned.

My impression of Ben Watson is he's a very good dude, but lives his life closer to the vest than most.

Burns probably forgot his audience there.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Burns made fun of his suit. Watson flippantly defended himself saying his wife likes it.

That doesn't give you open season to infer an NFL tight end's wife sends you text messages on the sly on live TV.

I like Peter Burns, but that was some over the line ****, and now he's very clear about that.
Watson got too sensitive about the suit comments. He should have played it off differently without mentioning his wife.

Burn's comment was a little much for a professional TV show.

Bottom line.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
If you chase something like that, you deserve exactly what you inevitably get.
I'm sure she is and was crazy and that there was a whole lot of negatives, but provided she didn't make him take care of another guys kids, and then steal his money and frame him for murder or something, I'm guessing most men would gladly "deserve" to get what he got.

I'd be curious to know how much of a train wreck her life turned into. Doesn't appear that she tried to keep the Stacie the sports chick gig going.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I'm sure she is and was crazy and that there was a whole lot of negatives, but provided she didn't make him take care of another guys kids, and then steal his money and frame him for murder or something, I'm guessing most men would gladly "deserve" to get what he got.

I'd be curious to know how much of a train wreck her life turned into. Doesn't appear that she tried to keep the Stacie the sports chick gig going.

Agree, but if he's still talking about her leaving, he probably got way more emotionally invested than she did.

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004
Stolen from Tik Tok, photo by stage hand of Watson / Burns confrontation off stage.

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
It was live TV and it was funny. It’s 17 damn November… get rid of the Royal Blue Summer suit. Even the other white dude was laughing.
Btw… Peter is really a good guy and likes State. He told me he use to be a drunk and dickhead and someone straightened him out and is very thankful for his life now.

Dude can’t help it if he is just wittier than others.
So Frances needs to stfu!

Connor Mead1

Oct 18, 2022

I've got a very good friend who is this way, he just doesn't like to be joked with. He is a great guy who would give you the shirt off his back, but just doesn't like to be joked with, something like this would not go over well with him. Certainly don't know Watson but his facial expression was similar to what my friends would be.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
He would have fit right in with that SEC network crew working the Ole Miss vs Arkansas game. I think the whole network is unprofessional and you can't convince me there is no one better than PF for that three-hour slot. That entire show is just about five dumb *** redneck callers going after each other with the hick accent. That show is nationwide. It's damn embarrassing. We wonder why Southerners are so stereotyped in movies.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
He would have fit right in with that SEC network crew working the Ole Miss vs Arkansas game. I think the whole network is unprofessional and you can't convince me there is no one better than PF for that three-hour slot. That entire show is just about five dumb *** redneck callers going after each other with the hick accent. That show is nationwide. It's damn embarrassing. We wonder why Southerners are so stereotyped in movies.
I agree with you that it's embarrassing, but I'd watch it all day every day over whatever show it is that Stephen A Smith has on ESPN. And have you ever watched the NBA on TNT? Shaq and Barkley are funny guys, but just because a show is national doesn't necessarily mean it's professional these days. There's a lot of **** on TV.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I agree with you that it's embarrassing, but I'd watch it all day every day over whatever show it is that Stephen A Smith has on ESPN. And have you ever watched the NBA on TNT? Shaq and Barkley are funny guys, but just because a show is national doesn't necessarily mean it's professional these days. There's a lot of **** on TV.

Couldn't agree more about SAS. I immediately change the channel if I see him or Skip Bayless on anything.

But I gotta say, I love me some NBA on TNT. Ernie Johnson is a pro and those guys have great chemistry and are hilarious.

Reactions: Darryl Steight
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login