Best Classic Truck Insurance Company?

jdbulldog

Oct 27, 2007
Looking to insure my 1987 Silverado SWB, all original pickup truck with 131,000 miles. Its value is 27-30 k. Anyone with experience, positive or negative?

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Check with Hagerty, I've been pleased with them on several classic vehicles I've had although I've never had to file a claim. Great customer service, my rates surprised me they have been so low. You can do it over the phone or some towns have local reps. They put out TV shows, magazines, and have a good website all supporting classic vehicles. Barn Find Hunter on YouTube is a neat show they do

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Looking to insure my 1987 Silverado SWB, all original pickup truck with 131,000 miles. Its value is 27-30 k. Anyone with experience, positive or negative?
Hagerty. Agreed value is the way to go. Good value for the premium.

Aug 23, 2012
Check with Hagerty, I've been pleased with them on several classic vehicles I've had although I've never had to file a claim. Great customer service, my rates surprised me they have been so low. You can do it over the phone or some towns have local reps. They put out TV shows, magazines, and have a good website all supporting classic vehicles. Barn Find Hunter on YouTube is a neat show they do
Thirded. They insure my corvette. I signed up on their website. Affordable and fair. Never had to file a claim. Really no questions asked other than the basic car insurance info anyone would gather. Called State Farm and they said they could only give me “parade insurance” on a classic car which meant I could drive it parades and put a ridiculous low amount of miles on it each year.

Aug 22, 2012
JC Taylor is another good option. Any independent agent that represents Foremost has access to them. Agreed value as well. Safeco will also write them agreed value. Safeco claim on one recently was paid at the agreed value within two days.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
It qualifies for an Antique Tag in MS

A 1999 Silverado would too.
I know. Mrs Bite has a 97 BMW, proudest day of my life when I went to the courthouse and bought that $27 permanent tag. A 87 Silverado was just a dream when I graduated high school.

Reactions: Double Dawg

PapaDawg

Nov 19, 2014
Damn I’m old! A 87 Silverado is a classic truck?
The first new vehicle I ever bought was a ‘86 Silverado SWB. Dual tanks with the selection switch. I was 24. I got rid of it in ‘94.
It was a great vehicle.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login