Best wrestling entrance of all time?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

How can anyone be better? All I want to know is, when is Roman coming back? Genius by Triple H to have this years in the making. I know I am 4 months late, and I know that the champ who drops the title, gets a great entrance. But damn, what a good one. This is better than Shawn Michaels 1998.

It’s hard to top this one. I hope Roman comes back sooner rather than later.

Triple H’s return in 2002 was awesome. As was a number of Brock Lesnars’. But this year took it to another level. Without Roman, there is no Cody.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Roman is boring to me. Great wrestler tho. Don't like his gimmick. He's booked as a badass but won most of his matches at the end of run like a chicken shlt heal (thanks for the Usos and co).

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
In modern times, I like Edge's entrance (just high energy and perfect with Metalingus).

But back in the day . . . when you heard Iron Man start playing, it was hard not to be glued to the Road Warriors charging the ring and beating the snot out of either the TBS studio's jobbers or NWA main eventers. Made an 80's kid very, very happy.

ll Martain ll

Oct 5, 2014
Rusev coming out in a tank at WrestleMania 31 is still memorable to me.

Honorable Mentions to Cody destroying the throne with a sledgehammer at the original Double or Nothing (the irony), and although not technically a ring entrance, Kurt Angle in the Milk Truck.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Original run of the road warriors.

Just about anything the fabulous ones would do. I think Memphis was spoiled as a territory because the whole roster would try just about anything.

Stone cold.

Ric flair before his chillren.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I guess I’m gonna be the wrestling wonk and ask what the specifics are.
Roman’s theme is top 2 for aura. When it hits it takes control of the arena and feels heavy but he is second to one.
Look no further than one them that hit during the Cody Roman match. As soon as the gong hit the place just changed and went ballistic but if it had been another one and the glass shattered the roof would have come off.
That’s why Stone Cold is always number 1.
For music it’s probably DX to me, sorry, that song just hits.
For shear surprise factor.
Edge Royal Rumble
Rock 2024 because of the swerve.
Y2J countdown
Stone Cold gives Mick his title

Reactions: Seinfeld

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I’m a 90s guy too. But they one-upped it lately…
With what? A choir and a drummer boy?

IMO, Jey Uso currently has the best entrance. It's awesome in person. Seth's and Cody's sing-alongs aren't my faves but my son loves them both.

Road Warriors' Iron Man, Stone Cold's glass breaking, HH Real American, Rock's Ifya Smellllll, HBK's moaning (I think Sherry?) are all on my Mt. Rushmore.

But one stands alone...

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

IMO, Jey Uso currently has the best entrance. It's awesome in person. Seth's and Cody's sing-alongs aren't my faves but my son loves them both.

Road Warriors' Iron Man, Stone Cold's glass breaking, HH Real American, Rock's Ifya Smellllll, HBK's moaning (I think Sherry?) are all on my Mt. Rushmore.

But one stands alone...

Roman held the tile for 3.5 years, that matters.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Roman held the tile for 3.5 years, that matters.
I'm not questioning his run or his ability. I'm just saying he bores me. His shtick, his promos, his entrance, all of it. Even my 9-year-old thought he was boring. Especially his 8-minute walk to the ring. The only thing that captivated me during his run was the bloodline story and it was mostly centered around the Usos, Solo, and Heyman.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I'm not questioning his run or his ability. I'm just saying he bores me. His shtick, his promos, his entrance, all of it. Even my 9-year-old thought he was boring. Especially his 8-minute walk to the ring. The only thing that captivated me during his run was the bloodline story and it was mostly centered around the Usos, Solo, and Heyman.
Everybody thought he was boring….until he wasn’t.

Again, genius by the folks behind the scenes.

Reactions: Dawgg

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I mean realistically he owes everything to Heyman getting him over. He was 3rd coolest in a faction of 3.

Reactions: aTotal360

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Sami Zayn for honorable mention. Great sing along and it’s just fun.
Shinske is also amazing. Issue is, see LPGA thread.

Oct 7, 2022

How can anyone be better? All I want to know is, when is Roman coming back? Genius by Triple H to have this years in the making. I know I am 4 months late, and I know that the champ who drops the title, gets a great entrance. But damn, what a good one. This is better than Shawn Michaels 1998.

It’s hard to top this one. I hope Roman comes back sooner rather than later.

Triple H’s return in 2002 was awesome. As was a number of Brock Lesnars’. But this year took it to another level. Without Roman, there is no Cody.

The Fabulous ones with Jackie Fargo

Stan Lane and Steve Kern

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I was an Undertaker fanatic so some of his Wrestlemania intros are at the top for me.

From a reaction standpoint anytime the glass broke in the middle of someone’s promo or match you knew it was going to be good.

Reactions: TooLateToCare

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
I thought the same and the long title run got really boring. I’m more intrigued now than before with his character whenever he comes back with what just recently happened with the Usos taking out Heyman. He’s about to come back and be a giant babyface.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I thought the same and the long title run got really boring. I’m more intrigued now than before with his character whenever he comes back with what just recently happened with the Usos taking out Heyman. He’s about to come back and be a giant babyface.
A lot of his appeal was that he was champion for so long, ie the chosen one. I agree that his return will be interesting to say the least. He will need to develop a personality.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Stone Cold's glass breaking into was great.

YouTube is almost unwatchable because of ads, but this is a good run down.

skipperDawg

Dec 23, 2023

But one stands alone...

Winner by a long shot

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Mid South rasslin. No pyro, no video, just some music blaring from a crappy PA

Reactions: Dawgg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login