Better results if we'd have retained Shrader?

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Shrader doesn’t have the consistent accuracy and vision needed to QB the air raid. He’s basically Fitzgerald with a slightly better passing game.
Which makes you wonder how bad of a coach Moorhead really was. Shrader was going to be his savior, that's all he talked about when making excuses for 2018 all offseason.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Nope. Would have been a disaster. He would have been ok in a Mullen offense. But even at Syracuse, he’s a 5th year SR now and this is his first really good season.
He's better than OK. First, he's a RJr. (just like Dak when he broke out) and he had Cuse 6-0 and on the verge of beating Clemson on the road. Something is going right for them/him.

Agree that it wouldn't work for the Air Raid.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Which makes you wonder how bad of a coach Moorhead really was. Shrader was going to be his savior, that's all he talked about when making excuses for 2018 all offseason.
I can’t quite figure what Moorehead’s deal was. His offense looked like it had too many moving parts to pick up very quickly. Obviously there was a culture issue but I don’t know what the problem was or why things got out of hand. He recruited good talent and players improved while he was here.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I can’t quite figure what Moorehead’s deal was. His offense looked like it had too many moving parts to pick up very quickly. Obviously there was a culture issue but I don’t know what the problem was or why things got out of hand. He recruited good talent and players improved while he was here.
Moorhead’s offense would kick sand and pound rocks. That was the problem.*****

Oct 17, 2022
If Shrader was given time to hold the clip board and learn the offense, and worked hard at polishing up his throwing mechanics he could have been potentially good in the air raid. He’s a very good athlete.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
It developed too slowly snd the line never fired off on the ball and confused the hell out of the players the way he coached it

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Shrader in this offense as leach wants to run it is not a good plan, if we ran the Riley version maybe, but Riley's version works better with someone with quick feet snd quickness. Shrader would be better in a Meyer or Mullen style offense.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
It developed too slowly snd the line never fired off on the ball and confused the hell out of the players the way he coached it
I was going to essentially say the same thing, and I think there were two glaring problems with Moorhead

1) Being too concerned with players liking him rather than pushing them to be better

2) Running an overly complicated offense that had players thinking about steps 4 and 5 of a blocking scheme when we weren’t even executing step 1 effectively at times.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I don't think we could afford to suspend that many defensive players each week.***

woozman

Nov 13, 2004
Nope. Would have been a disaster. He would have been ok in a Mullen offense. But even at Syracuse, he’s a 5th year SR now and this is his first really good season.
I’d say first decent season, not really good. He plays for a crap team in a crap conference. Yeah, he was undefeated, but he still struggles passing the ball. Great athlete, but below average QB…

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login