Biden EO on digital assets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quincy A. Wagstaff

May 28, 2020
Read it here.

Takes all over the place.

BYE-BYE BITCOIN: Prediction. Biden to sign EXECUTIVE ORDER regulating Cryptos. NEXT: Fed Crypto. NEXT: all crypto currencies seized & folded into GOVERNMENT crypto. “Let’s Go Brandon” you criminal. You commie.— therealkiyosaki (@theRealKiyosaki) March 8, 2022

lmfao the executive order is a complete joke, discussion is not even worth the time, just laugh and carry on— ODELL (@ODELL) March 9, 2022

Can't believe Biden's executive order requires every household in America to market buy 1 bitcoin within 60 days or face severe consequences— Cobie (@cobie) March 9, 2022

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Eh. Just setting up the bureaucracy.

This was going to happen sooner or later.

Lots of nations have either set up or are looking into digital currency.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Why is this causing funny money prices to rise? I would have predicted just the opposite.

PBDog

Oct 1, 2021
Why is this causing funny money prices to rise? I would have predicted just the opposite.

the thinking is some type of regulation is the only thing keeping gensler from approving the spot ETF. once the spot ETF is approved then it opens up btc to many more buyers. although i think gbtc is a great buy at this point with a 25% neg premium to nav. if gbtc gets approval you get that 25% on top of the pump from a spot ETF.

generally the feedback has been positive on the EO from btc twitter. Even that idiot warren had little more to add to her recent ignorant tweets. bottom line is that btc is inevitable and the US needs to be a player. it also greases the skids for a CBDC for the US which then give them the ability to freeze your assets and control what you can buy.

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
He will probably forget to sign it like he did the covid requirement he said he was signing in September for employers. When it actually went to supreme court he hadn't signed it yet! Dementia is grand!

DAWG61

Feb 26, 2008
Sounds calculated or do the 500 lawyers that reviewed it first have dementia too?

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
Where on earth do you pull that kind of information from, yeah I'm sure that the presidential staff includes 500 lawyers to review his edicts, that he doesn't sign, he's not the only one to do it, but the 500 lawyers were wrong about the vaccine mandate in private companies according to the supreme court. So is 61 your age or iq?

Last edited:

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Damn. Never would have expected the government to get involved in an asset class that boasts about being a currency completely independent of governments. Unless of course some banana republic decided to make it an official currency pumping the value, we're cool with that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login