Big East hiring some basketball coaches...

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
I would think that the Fairleigh Dickinson coach would get a look from some programs. He took a team of a bunch of guys that were Division-II last year and won the play-in game, beat #1 seed Purdue, and gave FAU all they wanted with a shot at the Sweet 16. That’s a good coaching job.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
I would think that the Fairleigh Dickinson coach would get a look from some programs. He took a team of a bunch of guys that were Division-II last year and won the play-in game, beat #1 seed Purdue, and gave FAU all they wanted with a shot at the Sweet 16. That’s a good coaching job.
8EA8CE54-45F2-4C6B-9EB8-AFA32570862D.jpeg
Not to mention Master of Coin and Hand of the King

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

Kim English has been a head coach for 2 seasons now? 17, where does the time go? I remember that guy was a stud at Mizzou in what feels like just a few years ago.

Pitino has as many coaching lives as a damn cat.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Itd be interesting to track the results of short tenured coaches who use 1 time success in the tournament to jump to a higher level team.

Enfield at FGCU has worked out, but Groce at Illinois really didnt. The St Peters guy from last year had a pretty middling record this season. Would Kermit count?...he had been at the school for a long time before the flash in the pan success was parlayed into the Ole Miss job.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Itd be interesting to track the results of short tenured coaches who use 1 time success in the tournament to jump to a higher level team.

Enfield at FGCU has worked out, but Groce at Illinois really didnt. The St Peters guy from last year had a pretty middling record this season. Would Kermit count?...he had been at the school for a long time before the flash in the pan success was parlayed into the Ole Miss job.
Also, Stan Heath, Darrin Horn and Tony Barbee are SEC examples of coaches who had a nice run in the tournament one season and parlayed that into a SEC gig, and then flamed out.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006

FDU coach got his payday...I guess. The mighty Iona Gaels hired him since they lost Pitino to St Johns.
The quick take on it is that Iona went for the coach with the big win in the tournament which is often frowned upon.

But Anderson was a finalist at Iona previously when Pitino got the job. The Gaels really liked him when he was coaching D2.

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
Pitino is going to have MSG jumping. Hopefully Villanova gets back on track and Georgetown gets serious again. College basketball is so much better when the Big East is a war zone

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login