Big news for my Storm Chase Team

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Yesterday we received word that our application to become a 501(c)3 non-profit tax deductible charitable organization was approved. We still have a few odds and ends to finish setting up on our end before we officially go live, but we have gotten all the approvals taken care of. We're hoping to be able to use this status to greatly increase what we do to help keep people safe. We have a couple of ideas already in mind of projects we want to undertake once things are all good to go. Y'all already helped make one a reality with your generous donation of the medical supplies and that is just the tip of the iceberg of what we want to do.

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
Good for your team. Did you ever get any positive feedback about your idea to place cameras on cell phone towers? I was thinking about that the other day as I passed by one of many out of use microwave relay towers scattered around the state. Maybe they could be utilized for that purpose? Just a passing thought.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Good for your team. Did you ever get any positive feedback about your idea to place cameras on cell phone towers? I was thinking about that the other day as I passed by one of many out of use microwave relay towers scattered around the state. Maybe they could be utilized for that purpose? Just a passing thought.
Not yet but don't think we've given up. I got a contact at MEMA the other day and he liked the idea and said he would see what those higher than him thought. I also have a former lobbyist I know that thinks she might be able to get me in contact with the MS Speaker of the House. If those fall through I'll try something else. I'm obsessed with making this happen. Every meteorologist I talk to loves the idea.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
Yesterday we received word that our application to become a 501(c)3 non-profit tax deductible charitable organization was approved. We still have a few odds and ends to finish setting up on our end before we officially go live, but we have gotten all the approvals taken care of. We're hoping to be able to use this status to greatly increase what we do to help keep people safe. We have a couple of ideas already in mind of projects we want to undertake once things are all good to go. Y'all already helped make one a reality with your generous donation of the medical supplies and that is just the tip of the iceberg of what we want to do.
Now you can apply for grants that you wouldn't otherwise be eligible for. And it will make it easier to get donations, as those donations are now tax deductible for the donor. Congrats on the hard work. Going through all of that is a headache

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Congratulations ! It's good to have a dedicated group of guys like y'all looking out for us.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login