Big Saints news..

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I understand true starting QB’s rarely hit the market but I think everyone is overly pumping up Carr. He’s a middle of the pack QB. Now he’s certainly an upgrade for the saints, no doubt about that. But I was reading stuff right after Carr was available that the cowboys should explore Carr or the dolphins should move on from Tua for Carr. Carr is an upgrade for the saints and would be for someone like the colts or Washington or the jets. But I wouldn’t move off someone like Tua and certainly not Dak for carr.

Reactions: DawgatAuburn

patdog

May 28, 2007
I understand true starting QB’s rarely hit the market but I think everyone is overly pumping up Carr. He’s a middle of the pack QB. Now he’s certainly an upgrade for the saints, no doubt about that. But I was reading stuff right after Carr was available that the cowboys should explore Carr or the dolphins should move on from Tua for Carr. Carr is an upgrade for the saints and would be for someone like the colts or Washington or the jets. But I wouldn’t move off someone like Tua and certainly not Dak for carr.
He's not much, but like you say, a big upgrade for the Saints and about as good as they could do under the circumstances. I disagree a little about the Dolphins. They can't afford to commit their future to a QB who very well could have a tragic career-ending injury at any time. I'm no Dr., but I don't think he'll ever fully recover from those concussions.

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Completely lackluster signing. What are Saints going to have to pay Carr? Im not sure he's much better than 30-30, who would have cost I think 12M this year.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
Completely lackluster signing. What are Saints going to have to pay Carr? Im not sure he's much better than 30-30, who would have cost I think 12M this year.
Yea, it's a tough spot when you aren't in position to get a good QB. You can overpay for a mediocre QB, which makes it hard to win unless you've drafted very well elsewhere, or you can preserve flexibility but guarantee yourself a ****** year. How good or bad this is going to be for the saints will depend on how much they are limited in the future capwise by this signing.

Reactions: dorndawg

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I won’t pretend Carr is elite, but if he’s just OK then the Saints probably win that division, which has the potential to be one of the worst in NFL history with Brady now gone. QB play kept the Saints out of the playoffs the last two years. They already have good pieces pretty much everywhere else. Just need Carr to be better than Taysom Hill, Jameis Winston, and Andy Dalton. Feels doable.

Reactions: ronpolk and patdog

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
He's not much, but like you say, a big upgrade for the Saints and about as good as they could do under the circumstances. I disagree a little about the Dolphins. They can't afford to commit their future to a QB who very well could have a tragic career-ending injury at any time. I'm no Dr., but I don't think he'll ever fully recover from those concussions.
I’ll agree the dolphins are in a tough spot regarding Tua and injuries. It does not look like they are picking up his 5th year option this year, which should tell you the dolphins have doubts too. I was just speaking from a pure talent standpoint of Tua vs Carr. I think Tua proved this year that when he’s healthy he can be much better than average. But no doubt health is a big issue there.

Reactions: patdog

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
$150m over 4 years with $100m guaranteed? Did I hear that right?

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I think he is a solid QB that may prosper under a new organization. Take any other good QB, stick them in the situation he has endured at the Raiders for the past few years and see how they perform. He's not one of the top QBs for sure but I think he could put up some really good numbers. I think his biggest problem is that he isn't a long term solution. Sign him and get a project QB to coach up.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login