Black uniforms

JWSDawgs

Mar 16, 2021
Who else would have loved to have seen us wear black uniforms? Don’t get me wrong I loved the pirate decal on the helmet but I just feel like wearing black would have been a more appropriate way to honor Leach since that’s what he always wore plus the pirate theme is black!

MagicDawg

Nov 11, 2010
I had a snarky remark written but I deleted it. I'll just say that I think we have every reason to be perfectly happy and completely content with every tribute and gesture that was made today, from the uniform to the flowers on the ship to the band's tribute to winning the game.

I think no good comes from any additional complaints or thoughts about what should have been different.

It was great, and we should all be very, very proud. The whole nation saw us do a grand job of honoring him.

Wrap it in maroon and white!

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
I would have been thrilled with black uniforms. But that simply wasn't going to happen in three weeks. I don't know where y'all think we were going to get them?

Those alternate uniforms we wear aren't just put together on a whim....they take up to 2 years to design and manufacture.

Even factoring in that the black unis are a simple design and that Adidas should be willing to move mountains to help us honor Leach, how do you reduce a 2 year lead time down to 3 weeks?

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
17 anything regarding black uniforms. Get rid of that ugly a$$ gray piping and let’s get back to basics with with STATE.

jbritt

Aug 23, 2022
Black uniforms with "STATE" on the front will be seen next season as an alternate.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I had a snarky remark written but I deleted it. I'll just say that I think we have every reason to be perfectly happy and completely content with every tribute and gesture that was made today, from the uniform to the flowers on the ship to the band's tribute to winning the game.

I think no good comes from any additional complaints or thoughts about what should have been different.

It was great, and we should all be very, very proud. The whole nation saw us do a grand job of honoring him.

Wrap it in maroon and white!
I think this is the correct response. For a brief moment in time, we were America's team. We honored that well and won the game.

Reactions: MagicDawg

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Who else would have loved to have seen us wear black uniforms? Don’t get me wrong I loved the pirate decal on the helmet but I just feel like wearing black would have been a more appropriate way to honor Leach since that’s what he always wore plus the pirate theme is black!
"Who else would have loved to have seen us wear black uniforms?"

I would "love" to never see any of our teams ever wear a black uniform again, ever.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
"Who else would have loved to have seen us wear black uniforms?"

I would "love" to never see any of our teams ever wear a black uniform again, ever.
Football hasn't lost while wearing a black uniform since 2010. I think we keep them until that changes.

unlucky tv show GIF

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login