Blistering Hot Take From Wolken (Oklahoma - USC)

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022

He was 55-10, won around 85% of his games, won the Big 12 Championship 3 out of 5 years but a sports writer said something and he writes articles about sports so because he writes articles saying OU has its identity back then of course OU has it's identity back because the sports writer said so. Sports writers know best. Riley is so gonna read this and be devastated. I'd take this non-OU identity defining coach at State and not worry what a USA Today writer thinks. I'd take Venables too. The Air Raid didn't actually match our identity but it worked here for the most part and look at the team and this board now that Leach is no longer the coach. BTW, Georgia and Alabama each had two SEC titles and LSU won the other when Riley was at OU. Does LSU need to get back the identity Coach O gave them? Has Kiffin restored OM's identity? I wonder what this sports writer thinks about that.

Reactions: Realist.sixpack

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Hate Wolken but is he wrong? Riley is about to waste the best college player we’ve seen in a long time bc he doesn’t have a defense
Not wrong. Riley will always have an exciting offense and probably have a heisman contenting QB but I doubt he ever wins a national title.

Reactions: patdog

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
What is Oklahoma’s identity? For the last 25 years it has been high flying offense in the Big 12.

What do they want “back”? I don’t remember them being known for defense but maybe they were in like Barry Switzer’s tenure or some shlt.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Wolken: Notre Dame may have lost Kelly but it's maintained its identity.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login