Blitz Ball

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Appears to be professional wiffle ball of some type. Ball may be larger and bats are larger. It’s on Bally sports right now. Never seen it before. It’s entertaining.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
It’s a pushback to the boredom of real baseball.

They have trees in the outfield n shlt.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
My kid watches blitzball/wiffleball on YouTube. There’s a channel that has games produced by kids. They even do their own commentary, multiple angles , and instant replays. Pretty ambitious stuff.

I think MLB could steal a page out of their book. Do a couple alternate broadcasts with kids calling a game.

MLB has recognized them before. My son showed me a clip where one of these kid pitchers was invited to do a demo on MLBtv’s studio show. My boy thinks he’s Sandy Koufax.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
It’s on Bally sports right now.
I've been hearing for months and months that Bally's was broke and shutting down if they didn't get a "Knight in shining armor" to bail them out. I had about decided they just had a genius in the marketing department that said it would be a good idea to cry wolf so maybe people would subscribe to one or more of their 17** networks so they wouldn't have to shut 'em all down. But if they are broadcasting kids wiffle ball to make a living, maybe that's the reason they're going bankrupt

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
I've been hearing for months and months that Bally's was broke and shutting down if they didn't get a "Knight in shining armor" to bail them out. I had about decided they just had a genius in the marketing department that said it would be a good idea to cry wolf so maybe people would subscribe to one or more of their 17** networks so they wouldn't have to shut 'em all down. But if they are broadcasting kids wiffle ball to make a living, maybe that's the reason they're going bankrupt
Nothing like that, it’s adults blitz ball.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Google “Park Golf”. Talk about the next Pickle Ball Crazy possibility. I could see this becoming very popular. I’d like to try it.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Is there a man in the back as a matter of fact
His eyes was as red as the sun
And the girl in the corner that no one ignores
'Cause she thinks she's the passionate one?

Bulldog Bruce

Nov 1, 2007
I played a bunch of wiffle ball as I was growing up. Well into my teens. It was very good for eye/hand coordination and seeing curving flight paths. We always used the old Jerry Koosman endorsed slotted on one side ball. I would have loved to had blitz ball available.

There is a few YouTube videos about the differences. To me though it is all about the space you have for the field. Wiffle ball is for a smaller confined space where blitz ball you could play on a softball sized field.

They still have wiffle ball tournaments and leagues throughout the country.

Reactions: jethreauxdawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login