greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
every sailor:

Gay Wink GIF by Scott Hoying

• Haha
Reactions: Anon1704414204

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Started to do that over the 4th, but the kids talked me into Maverick and then Rocky IV for the 20th time, which I was perfectly fine with.

Glad to know it's worth watching.
You could have watched Rocky XX for the 4th time if you flipped enough channels** Apollo, Rocky and Ivan Drago's offspring pool their inheritance from previous movies and open a funky little clothing store in Philly that specializes in whimsical work out clothing....................

AleutianIslandawg

Oct 8, 2021
'Doc' is easy on the eyes.
Watched the documentary twice. Makes me remember the air show that used to be in Jackson 30ish years ago, sky parade. Not sure if I ever saw the Blue Angels there, but pretty sure I saw the thunderbirds and the golden knights parachute team. Also saw the beach boys there in concert in '95 I believe

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Watched the documentary twice. Makes me remember the air show that used to be in Jackson 30ish years ago, sky parade. Not sure if I ever saw the Blue Angels there, but pretty sure I saw the thunderbirds and the golden knights parachute team. Also saw the beach boys there in concert in '95 I believe
Some of my worst sunburns were from that air show.

Reactions: AleutianIslandawg

RotorHead

Mar 26, 2019
It's crazy to hear their internal meetings. Surely some of that was for the camera because it was plain hard to follow.
I mean, if you had a meeting with your team concerning your business, I’d probably say it’s hard to follow too….but I am glad to be here

• Haha
Reactions: MSUDOG24

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
A couple of us on this board used to work that airshow.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
We were in the area last week and got to see them fly over a Blue Wahoos game. They were about 5 innings late and flew right over some poor guy’s at bat, but still was cool to see. Tried to upload a pic, but it’s too big.

We stalked Tanner Allen and got his autograph after the game, too. Had some worse days!

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
We were in the area last week and got to see them fly over a Blue Wahoos game. They were about 5 innings late and flew right over some poor guy’s at bat, but still was cool to see. Tried to upload a pic, but it’s too big.

We stalked Tanner Allen and got his autograph after the game, too. Had some worse days!
Was it on a Sunday? Lately they have been doing beach flyovers from Navarre to NAS every Sunday evening when they return home.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I saw the Stealth Bomber fly over at that airshow. That was surreal. It definitely earns the name Stealth.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Was it on a Sunday? Lately they have been doing beach flyovers from Navarre to NAS every Sunday evening when they return home.
Yessir, it was indeed a Sunday. Had just gotten to town and that’s the first thing my son and I did. Cool stadium…. Sucked that TA didn’t play, but we at least got to meet him.

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
They’ve done this the last two years when I’ve been in Grayton on a Sunday afternoon.
Cool to see.

Reactions: eckie1

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
The Thunderbirds will be at CAFB in September.
First saw them at CAFB back in the 70’s when my Dad worked there.
We would go every year they would be there when CAFB would do what they called back then, a Open House

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
What’s it like to have boys? We had a “is it cake” marathon on the 4th
Oh no, they are not mutually exclusive... I had already watched "Is it Cake?" earlier in the day. If I could reach out and murder that guy every time he says, "Cake wall... SPIN!!!" I would do so.

• Haha
Reactions: HailStout

Anon1704414204

Jan 4, 2024
Haven't but Will watch. Have seen Blue Angel and Thunder Bird shows and they are always awesome.

One of the ballsiest things ever is landing a jet on a Carrier at night.

Reactions: patdog

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
I started seeing them at CAFB about the same time.
Always cool to see the B52 Stratofortress there on the Base.
Also, don’t recall the year but a 747 equipped to fly the Space Shuttle strapped to the top of it made a stop at CAFB back in the late 80’s. (88 maybe)
Now that was really cool to see.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Always cool to see the B52 Stratofortress there on the Base.
Also, don’t recall the year but a 747 equipped to fly the Space Shuttle strapped to the top of it made a stop at CAFB back in the late 80’s. (88 maybe)
Now that was really cool to see.

We used to go on base back when it was a SAC base. Got caught in an alert once. For little kid that was fascinated by airplanes that was a lot of fun. Different times for sure. I wasn't around the area in the late 80s. I missed the shuttle.

DeeEE!

Dec 19, 2023
Who remembers the Jet truck at the Jackson Air Show? Also what year was the stealth bomber? I don’t remember it. I just remember the thunderbirds. I have some pics from one of the last shows. Late 90s? Maybe 1999 or 2000 was last year of it? Does anyone remember?

I saw an F35s fly by in Gulfport recently and my lord what an experience. Left my speechless.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login