Boardtown Trading Post

Spike 80DF

Sep 2, 2012
Historic white building at the corner of Jackson and Lampkin, behind Charlie Winfield’s office, across from Regions parking lot, got demolished last week. Anybody know what the plan is for that property? Fantastic location that could really spark more development on Lampkin.

Duke Humphrey

Oct 3, 2013
Rumors are that Regions is also interested in selling their property for redevelopment, as they would get a smaller footprint on that site

Forrest4Moore

Nov 14, 2011
Rumors are that Regions is also interested in selling their property for redevelopment, as they would get a smaller footprint on that site
Not a rumor. This should be announced soon. Mixed use development on that site. Unless they hit a snag at the last minute.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Big women need love too. Besides, lot of fat girlfriends required.
Santa Claus Smoking GIF

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Not a rumor. This should be announced soon. Mixed use development on that site. Unless they hit a snag at the last minute.
I frequently go in that Regions and its amazing they have stayed in that big damn building w/ as few employees as they have there. They actually could use more because I was number 14 in line a few weeks ago because the drive through windows outside were not open and there was only 1 teller working inside, the other was "gone to lunch" I was told.

Now back to original story. Her highness Lynn Spruill said last week on Twitter there were no plans for the old Boardtown Pawn bldg, it was just torn down. Last time I went in it while it was an antique store the guy told me there was no a/c and the roof leaked regularly, it was a mess so I'm guessing it cost too much to repair. It looked like there was an old swamp cooler tower on the roof then, like he was serious there was NO a/c in the building at all. That was the original East MS Lumber store location before they moved to Russell St

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login