Bob Stoops - Level Setting

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
With lots of rumors circulating across the Internet -- both domestically and internationally -- it's important that we level set to make sure we're clear on what is FACT and what is CONJECTURE in this evolving situation.

FACT: Bob Stoops is a Hall of Fame football coach. Source
FACT: Bob Stoops stepped down as Oklahoma's head coach in 2017. An anonymous source at the time did not expect Stoops to coach again at any level. Source
FACT: Bob Stoops is currently coaching the Arlington Renegades. Source
CONJECTURE: Bob Stoops realized after he left Oklahoma that he still had the coaching bug.
CONJECTURE: The Arlington Renegades are a half-measure to scratch his coaching itch, but college football is where his heart is.
FACT: At 7:35a CST on 11/7, a plane departed from Arlington Municipal Airport (KGKY). This plane arrived at Golden Triangle Regional Airport (GTR) at 9:21a CST. Source
FACT: At 3:29p CST on 11/7, a plane departed from Golden Triangle Regional Airport (GTR). This plane arrived at Arlington Municipal Airport (KGKY) at 5:34p CST. Source
CONJECTURE: Bob Stoops was on this plane.
CONJECTURE: Bob Stoops met with Zac Selmon on 11/7 to discuss the Mississippi State head football coaching job.

FACT; Drake Stoops is Bob Stoops's son. Source
FACT: Drake Stoops is in his last year of eligibility at Oklahoma. Source
CONJECTURE: Drake Stoops will not make an NFL roster
CONJECTURE: Drake Stoops has interest in following in his father's footsteps as a college football coach.
CONJECTURE: Drake Stoops is looking for a graduate assistant position to kickstart his football coaching career.
FACT: Mississippi State offers graduate assistant positions for football. Source

FACT: In 2017, Stoops acknowledged Lincoln Riley's importance multiple times when he announced he would be stepping down. Source
FACT: In 2021, Lincoln Riley left Oklahoma for USC. Source
CONJECTURE: Bob Stoops feels unsettled with the current state of college football, as his transition plan has since dissolved.
FACT: Mike Leach was Bob Stoops's first OC hire at Oklahoma. Source
FACT: Bob Stoops has met with Mississippi State's football team within the last 12 months. Source
FACT: Cody Leach is a special teams fellow at Mississippi State. Source
CONJECTURE: Bob Stoops views the Mississippi State job as an opportunity to mentor and develop future college football coaches who he has personal connections with, including his own son and Cody Leach.
FACT: Bob Stoops served as defensive coordinator under Steve Spurrier Sr. Source
CONJECTURE: Bob Stoops may also view the Mississippi State job as an opportunity to work with Steve Spurrier Jr. in some capacity as well.

CONJECTURE: Mississippi State has offered or is preparing to offer Bob Stoops the head football coaching job at Mississippi State University.
CONJECTURE: Bob Stoops is prepared to accept Mississippi State's offer.

Last edited:

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
With lots of rumors circulating across the Internet -- both domestically and internationally -- it's important that we level set to make sure we're clear on what is FACT and what is CONJECTURE in this evolving situation.

FACT: Bob Stoops stepped down as Oklahoma's head coach in 2017. An anonymous source at the time did not expect Stoops to coach again at any level. Source
CONJECTURE: Bob Stoops realized after he left Oklahoma that he still had the coaching bug.
CONJECTURE: The Arlington Renegades are a half-measure to scratch his coaching itch, but college football is where his heart is.
FACT: At 7:35a CST on 11/7, a plane departed from Arlington Municipal Airport (KGKY). This plane arrived at Golden Triangle Regional Airport (GTR) at 9:21a CST. Source
FACT: At 3:29p CST on 11/7, a plane departed from Golden Triangle Regional Airport (GTR) at 3:20p CST. This plane arrived at Arlington Municipal Airport (KGKY) at 5:34p CST. Source
CONJECTURE: Bob Stoops met with Zac Selmon on 11/7 to discuss the Mississippi State head football coaching job.

CONJECTURE: Drake Stoops has interest in following in his father's footsteps as a college football coach.
CONJECTURE: Drake Stoops is looking for a graduate assistant position to kickstart his football coaching career.
FACT: Mississippi State offers graduate assistant positions for football. Source

FACT: In 2017, Stoops acknowledged Lincoln Riley's importance multiple times when he announced he would be stepping down. Source
CONJECTURE: Bob Stoops feels unsettled with the current state of college football, as his transition plan has since dissolved.
FACT: Bob Stoops has met with Mississippi State's football team within the last 12 months. Source
CONJECTURE: Bob Stoops views the Mississippi State job as an opportunity to mentor and develop future college football coaches who he has personal connections with, including his own son and Cody Leach.
FACT: Bob Stoops served as defensive coordinator under Steve Spurrier Sr. Source
CONJECTURE: Bob Stoops may also view the Mississippi State job as an opportunity to work with Steve Spurrier Jr. in some capacity as well.

CONJECTURE: Mississippi State has offered or is preparing to offer Bob Stoops the head football coaching job at Mississippi State University.
1699461056632.png **

Notice the sarcasterisks.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Darryl Steight

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012

FACT: At 3:29p CST on 11/7, a plane departed from Golden Triangle Regional Airport (GTR) at 3:20p CST. This plane arrived at Arlington Municipal Airport (KGKY) at 5:34p CST. Source

Spying I Hear You GIF by NOW WE'RE TALKING TV SERIES

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

Please post in a more concise manner. Not all of us are willing or able to read such a long post.
I cant believe anyone would type out such long posts!***

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
For those asking for Cliffs Notes, please read only the last two conjectures. These conjectures are supported by a list of facts outlined above. The plan is to welcome Stoops with open arms once he accepts and for any Arnett holdouts to be especially supportive, so message board activity does not disrupt the current recruiting class.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
You lost me

You lost me at level set. I’m off today so I don’t have the bandwidth to deal with corporate buzzwords. Let’s put a pin in this and maybe I can take a high level view of this at a later date. I understand I may have deliverables but I wanted make sure I could deliver before I commit.

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
For those asking for Cliffs Notes, please read only the last two conjectures. These conjectures are supported by a list of facts outlined above. The plan is to welcome Stoops with open arms once he accepts and for any Arnett holdouts to be especially supportive, so message board activity does not disrupt the current recruiting class.
Thank you for this important reminder. Cannot be overstated.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
You lost me

You lost me at level set. I’m off today so I don’t have the bandwidth to deal with corporate buzzwords. Let’s put a pin in this and maybe I can take a high level view of this at a later date. I understand I may have deliverables but I wanted make sure I could deliver before I commit.
Wow, lots to unpack here.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
You lost me

Fair enough. You’re a professional and aware of your KPIs, so I have no concerns.

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Has anyone conjectured a price tag? Will we have to dip into the NIL fund to get him.

Can someone also conjecture a percentage on Stoops being our next coach?

If so, it will be 17n great!

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
I haven't had this much fun during a terrible time since @missouridawg continued the State Diamond Dawgs 2020 season in game recaps. If memory serves correctly, this sage led us to our "First", albeit imaginary, National Championship.

Lo and behold, we all know what happened in Omaha Summer 2021.

By all means, please continue this entertaining circus to distract us all. As for bread? I prefer to drink my grains fermented.

Last edited:
Reactions: missouridawg

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022

That sir is astounding. Excellent detailed work.

All in futility as Bob Stoops is the new Dan Marino. But excellent work nonetheless.

NTDawg

Mar 2, 2012

First let me say I don't know anything (just like everyone else). Second I don't believe that Bob Stoops will be our next coach. Having said that how close are Selmon and Stoops?

uptowndawg

Jul 15, 2010
Has anyone conjectured a price tag? Will we have to dip into the NIL fund to get him.

Can someone also conjecture a percentage on Stoops being our next coach?

If so, it will be 17n great!
We won't have to dip into NIL. The athletic department pocketed 49 and a half million from the hump upgrades just for this purpose. Oh, and 19.83% chance he comes.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
We won't have to dip into NIL. The athletic department pocketed 49 and a half million from the hump upgrades just for this purpose.
1699466612451.gif
Oh snap, makes perfect sense now. That’s the leadership we need. Keenum, you da man.

missouridawg

Oct 6, 2009
I haven't had this much fun during a terrible time since @missouridawg continued the State Diamond Dawgs 2020 season in game recaps. If memory serves correctly, this sage led us to our "First", albeit imaginary, National Championship.

Lo and behold, we all know what happened in Omaha Summer 2021.

By all means, please continue this entertaining circus to distract us all. As for bread? I prefer to drink my grains fermented.

Banners are delayed at the printers. Damn COVID still causing supply chain issues.

Reactions: CochiseCowbell

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
Most coach interviews are done at large airports or other neutral sites not associated with either party now specifically to dodge plane trackers. I would expect if MSU was to interview a high profile guy it would be in Atlanta.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
First let me say I don't know anything (just like everyone else). Second I don't believe that Bob Stoops will be our next coach. Having said that how close are Selmon and Stoops?
FACT: Since his departure in 2017, Bob Stoops has remained active in the Oklahoma athletic department, serving both as a position coach in 2020 and as an interim coach in 2021. Source
FACT: Zac Selmon joined Oklahoma's athletic department in 2015 while Stoops was still head football coach. He left Oklahoma in early 2023 to accept the Athletic Director position at Mississippi State, after spending nearly 8 years working at Oklahoma. Source
CONJECTURE: They are quite close.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
That would be 17n amazing. I would be flabbergasted to say the least. 191 and 48. Too good to be true. 63. We could get a good 10 years maybe

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
FACT: Since his departure in 2017, Bob Stoops has remained active in the Oklahoma athletic department, serving both as a position coach in 2020 and as an interim coach in 2021. Source
FACT: Zac Selmon joined Oklahoma's athletic department in 2015 while Stoops was still head football coach. He left Oklahoma in early 2023 to accept the Athletic Director position at Mississippi State, after spending nearly 8 years working at Oklahoma. Source
CONJECTURE: They are quite close.
ron burgundy anchorman GIF

DawgsOnTheWing

Sep 26, 2012

FACT: At 3:29p CST on 11/7, a plane departed from Golden Triangle Regional Airport (GTR). This plane arrived at Arlington Municipal Airport (KGKY) at 5:34p CST. Source

As impressive as your Friday Fourplays. I for one would welcome a regular FACT & CONJECTURE posts here.......

Reactions: ZombieKissinger

birdawg

Aug 13, 2009

Will you do this for literally every topic in the world pls

Reactions: ZombieKissinger
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login