Bobby Petrino

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Is he the guy you call if you are the AD? He's been a successful SEC head coach with good offensive coaching background.

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
Season 2 No GIF by Martin

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
Is he the guy you call if you are the AD? He's been a successful SEC head coach with good offensive coaching background.
I know the folks at UPig wish they had him back. He had them relevant nationally. Haven't been since.

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
It’s amazing how people have elevated TAMU this year bc they beat Auburn and Arkansas.

Reactions: patdog

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
We will see. I did some research on him. He imploded at Louisville his last year after he blew up on the team in the locker room after a close loss to floruda state. They lost most of the remaining games after the team quit in him. His stint at Mizzou state was not amazing.

he has an amazing head coach record though. He killed it at Arkansas and Louisville most of his time there

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
I see that a lot when someone mentions a winning coach but then their reasoning is dumb as hell when you ask them to explain why they don't want a coach.

so what's your reason
Not op but here’s my reasons.
1. Every HC tenure ended poorly.
2. Losing the locker room seems to be a common theme.
3. Not trustworthy at all.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I would agree on number 1.

I don't think he lost the locker room at Arkansas.

3. can you really trust any coach if they are good? Can we trust arnett? He says one thing and we see another. All coaches lie. What matters most is having a good football team and winning,

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
Motorcycle Man would be a huge planetary improvement over our coaching staff, but he’d be extremely expensive and he’s old. I don’t think Ags would let him go until they can get rid of Jimbo

QuadrupleOption

Aug 21, 2012

3. can you really trust any coach if they are good? Can we trust arnett? He says one thing and we see another. All coaches lie. What matters most is having a good football team and winning,
He didn't have time to lose the locker room at Arkansas because he got fired for banging his soon-to-be-married assistant.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004

There’s coaching rumors every season then there’s Bobby Petrino.
Interviewing for jobs in the middle of the season.
Signing a new contract and extension then leaving for a new job. More than once.
Usually a new contract gives you a year of relief. Petrino signs a contract and may still leave the next day.

Arkansas seems to be his only exception to losing the locker room. That’s not a good track record.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
There’s coaching rumors every season then there’s Bobby Petrino.
Interviewing for jobs in the middle of the season.
Signing a new contract and extension then leaving for a new job. More than once.
Usually a new contract gives you a year of relief. Petrino signs a contract and may still leave the next day.

Arkansas seems to be his only exception to losing the locker room. That’s not a good track record.
That's fair. Always a risk with every coach though .

BIGDAWG44

Aug 22, 2012
No, Dave clawson should be number 1. Go look at his previous 3 quarterbacks. We need an offensive minded coach with a strong culture. Culture is what links our most successful coaches not scheme.

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Meh, Hire him, let him go out on the south farm and baptize a couple of kids and dabip -dabop -daboom , it's all good **

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
He wouldn't be my first pick but I would have him on my list.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
He is the most untrustworthy coach in America. His most recent run at Louisville ended in a train wreck. And he only had one winning season at Missouri State.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login