Boeheim retires....

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
You could kinda see this coming after his comments about certain schools buying their teams and then walking it back sort of. He's also had some tense interactions with opposing coaches as well. Could be a case he doesn't want to deal with NIL and the portal.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
You could kinda see this coming after his comments about certain schools buying their teams and then walking it back sort of. He's also had some tense interactions with opposing coaches as well. Could be a case he doesn't want to deal with NIL and the portal.
Don’t blame him. He’s had a great run. No need to put up with this new breed of headache.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
I didn't like the guy but he had a hell of a run. I'm surprised more older football and basketball coaches haven't done the same thing because of the NIL crap but I guess the salaries have just gotten too good.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

DAWGSANDSAINTS

Oct 10, 2022
1996 called and said "17 Jim Boeheim."
Many turnovers to their very few plus a stifling 2-3 zone, plus M Bullard playing horribly. That leads to being out scored by 7 or 9, whatever is was in the 2nd half and losing a game we should have won.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Good lord, I can’t believe he’s still coaching. His old is that man? He had a great career.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
He should have retired a few years ago when covid shut everything down, despite making the sweet 16 the next season since it was a bad season up to that point.
Past 3 years they haven't been a team to care about.
But he held on so his son could be a star, and another son joined for a year. Pretty cool from a personal standpoint, total BS from a doing what's best for the program standpoint.

His zone D was stifling when he had the players to execute it.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Likely a lot better than it looks now. Not a good year in the ACC.
Very true. Partly because UNC is down. It'll be interesting to see how the new coaches at those schools do over the medium-term. Of course long-term, those schools are like Texas and Alabama in football. They may be down for a long time, but all it takes is one good coach and they'll be winning titles again.

olblue

Mar 11, 2018
Very true. Partly because UNC is down. It'll be interesting to see how the new coaches at those schools do over the medium-term. Of course long-term, those schools are like Texas and Alabama in football. They may be down for a long time, but all it takes is one good coach and they'll be winning titles again.
There is a lot more to it than UNC being down.

Reactions: patdog
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login