Bone Tomahawk

dogmatic

Aug 22, 2012
Well, I thought I had seen a good bit of violence on film & video. I've seen every war movie you can name, not to mention supposedly real videos online of Mexican drug cartel torture and executions. Then I watched Bone Tomahawk yesterday evening. A scene in it set a new standard.

It's a pretty good yarn, though. The cinematography depicts the arid Western country and mountains so well, it had me along for the ride more deeply than movies usually do. Maybe that's why the violent scene was so impactful, no pun intended.

Last edited:

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Thought this was about steak

I just reverse seared one of those yesterday. It was attacked with violence.

MSUGUY

Oct 11, 2020
Well, I thought I had seen a good bit of violence on film & video. I've seen every war movie you can name, not to mention supposedly real videos online of Mexican drug cartel torture and executions. Then I watched Bone Tomahawk yesterday evening. A scene in it set a new standard.

It's a pretty good yarn, though. The cinematography depicts the arid Western country and mountains so well, it had me along for the ride more deeply than movies usually do. Maybe that's why the violent scene was so impactful, no pun intended.

Agree, that is the most gruesome and disturbing movie I’ve seen. Gotta love the ending though, once.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
mstateglfr won't watch it. He prefers his movies boneless.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
I started it, but didn't finish. Will have to go back and watch it all the way through if the ending is good.

Has anyone watched "Forsaken"? It is on prime and stars both Keifer and Donald Sutherland. I saw it in the menu, but haven't had a chance to watch yet. I like both actors and don't believe they have made a movie together before. This was filmed in 2015.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Has anyone watched "Forsaken"? It is on prime and stars both Keifer and Donald Sutherland. I saw it in the menu, but haven't had a chance to watch yet. I like both actors and don't believe they have made a movie together before. This was filmed in 2015.

They were both in A Time To Kill, but didn’t have any scenes together.

PhredPhantom

Mar 3, 2008
I started it, but didn't finish. Will have to go back and watch it all the way through if the ending is good.

It’s a *very good* Western; not a *great* Western. It’s worth watching.

DirtyDog

Aug 24, 2012

It was okay at best...very predictable plot and the characters really did not stretch the actors much. I love westerns so I was happy to watch, but it was not remarkable. Don't forget a small role by old Demi Moore...still smokin'.

dog12

Sep 15, 2016

Was it worse than the bathtub/chainsaw scene in Scarface?

Last edited:
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login