Boomer Schooner on campus

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroonfriday

Jun 4, 2020
The road between Dorman and the Junction is shut down for an hour today so our AD could parade around the Boomer Schooner and take photos with each school's mascots. Anyone else find this stuff ridiculous?

Screenshot 2024-03-22 113926.png

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
If I'm an AD who is - fairly or not - getting a little heat for having too many ties to my old school, I'm probably not shutting down my new school so the old one's goofy wagon can ride around campus.

That's just me.
Just wait until Lemonis goes 2 and Q in a regional but we keep him, and Moorhead Version 2 gets a few games under his belt. That &tate shlt gonna be getting old quick

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
I guess I'm in the minority but I don't have a problem with this... I think it's cool they're making a big deal out of OK and TX coming on board. I'll watch whatever TV segment results from today's filming.

I don't remember a big deal being made about Missouri joining.. but then, it was Missouri and nobody asked for another 17ing tiger.

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
Need the FSU mascot to come in on horseback and start shooting flaming arrows at it.

Circle the wagon!!

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
So, the MSU students just stood idly by while a new rival is blatantly cruising through campus?
I guess my old school ways would have at least welcomed the sooners with some fresh eggs or tomatoes...lol
Angry Dog GIF

College sport rivalries are a lot more friendly these days.

maroonfriday

Jun 4, 2020
If I'm an AD who is - fairly or not - getting a little heat for having too many ties to my old school, I'm probably not shutting down my new school so the old one's goofy wagon can ride around campus.

That's just me.
This is exactly my line of thinking. I get why they're doing it for the PR circuit for the incoming schools, but we're already trying to make ourselves an off brand version of Oklahoma within the athletic department, so to some, it's not a great look.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
This is exactly my line of thinking. I get why they're doing it for the PR circuit for the incoming schools, but we're already trying to make ourselves an off brand version of Oklahoma within the athletic department, so to some, it's not a great look.
LOL...Imagine the outrage there would be here, if come in August ESPN/SECN has some sort of feature with OU and UT visiting all the member schools, except for Mississippi State!

maroonfriday

Jun 4, 2020
LOL...Imagine the outrage there would be here, if come in August ESPN/SECN has some sort of feature with OU and UT visiting all the member schools, except for Mississippi State!
Let them come here, but don't disrupt campus in the middle of the day to get a few video clips and pictures with Bully. Plenty of other places to take their little wagon around.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Oklahomians, come to the Sip! Everyone here already has! (AD, HFC, etc)

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
The road between Dorman and the Junction is shut down for an hour today so our AD could parade around the Boomer Schooner and take photos with each school's mascots. Anyone else find this stuff ridiculous?

View attachment 544722
Was on campus right before noon. Bully and Belle were on other end by statue. Bully and Belle were waving at the boomer sooner people, like it was some weird *** version of red rover.

Status
Not open for further replies.