Bose Soundbars

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Anybody have experience with Bose Soundbars? I have a pretty open floor plan so my slow march to deafness and ambient noise make the balance of hearing dialogue vs the subwoofer knocking pictures off the wall from explosions delicate at best. I see Sonos and Bose say their Soundbars can pull out dialogue better, but I was wondering if any of you had real world experience. I’m partial to Bose because I love every product I’ve ever owned by them.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
I've got a Sonos. Love it! Bose has a little more range but for the price difference, you won't care.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Anybody have experience with Bose Soundbars? I have a pretty open floor plan so my slow march to deafness and ambient noise make the balance of hearing dialogue vs the subwoofer knocking pictures off the wall from explosions delicate at best. I see Sonos and Bose say their Soundbars can pull out dialogue better, but I was wondering if any of you had real world experience. I’m partial to Bose because I love every product I’ve ever owned by them.
Had bose. Have Sonos. Sonos

Benny.sixpack

Dec 8, 2008
One of my companies does AV including home theaters. Sonos is best bang for your buck imo and the ease of use is second to none for both tv content as well as music from your phone.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
I'm guessing this is overkill but it sure looks impressive. On the other end of the spectrum I own a Bose Solo 5 that I have at my beach condo. Dialogue is good but it's probably only recommended for small areas such as my setup there.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I'm guessing this is overkill but it sure looks impressive. On the other end of the spectrum I own a Bose Solo 5 that I have at my beach condo. Dialogue is good but it's probably only recommended for small areas such as my setup there.

The Bose has Atmos, but it requires eArc. I have a Tv that I like so I’m not getting a new one just for eArc.

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
I have a Sonos Beam II, and yes, you can enhance the dialogue and it's noticeable but not outstandingly so. The sound bar is better than the TV speakers, even on normal programming. On movies (such as Amazon Prime) the sound is much better. It also has a nighttime setting that reduces the overall volume, and further reduces the background sounds and enhances the speech. I'll probably get the subwoofer at some point.

Never tried a Bose or any other brand. The Sonos Arc is supposed to be better than the Beam, but it also costs twice as much.

Reactions: mcdawg22

PapaDawg

Nov 19, 2014
I have bad hearing loss. Get a pair of quality Bluetooth headphones or Turn on the CC. Either one helps tremendously

99dawg

Jul 9, 2011
My dad has a TV in a sunroom that he uses to watch sports and things like that. His TV is fairly new (last year or so) and he just connects a small bose bluetooth speaker to it and sits it on the end table right by his recliner. It is really close to his head, so he doesn't have to turn it up so loud that it is heard throughout the house. They have an offbrand sound bar connected to the TV in the den that he and my mom watch together. Depending on where your TV is and who watches it, that might be a short term solution if you have a small bluetooth speaker laying around. This is not a good solution when the room is full of people watching the TV, as the sound would only be close to 1 or maybe 2 people.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Was there a noticeable improvement in dialogue? If you don’t mind, what model did you get?
Yes. I was hit with hearing loss after some health issues and that's why I bought it. Couldn't hear my tv. I can here people talk again when I watch something.

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
Bose 700 isn’t being made anymore and there were some good sales. The Bose 600 is like the Sonos Beam Gen 2 but WITH Atmos upfiring speakers and $50 more. Bose 900 is a year older than Sonos arc and almost same price. The Bose 600 is new for the year. Sub woofer is extra in all of them.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
The Bose has Atmos, but it requires eArc. I have a Tv that I like so I’m not getting a new one just for eArc.
Here's another option with no atmos or eArc requirements. Cost about $600 with a subwoofer.

SirBarksalot

May 28, 2007
Samsung Q-990B if cost is no barrier. I have the previous version in our dedicated movie room. It’s great. Wouldnt spend that much for a living/family room.
Check out that Andrew Robinson YouTube channel someone previously posted.

HRMSU

Apr 26, 2022
I finally broke the seal and purchased a Sonos Beam 2 and love it. House was already pre wired with speakers so next purchase will be the amp so I can run the passive speakers on the Sonos app/system.

Like an earlier poster said Sonos is more than just a speaker.

Desert Dog

Oct 8, 2022
Samsung soundbar with subwoofer, must have Adaptive setting for dialogue. I can actually watch movies again without reading closed captioning. My son bought one first and I watched a game with him and could hear everything. I bought one immediately!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login