Bottom line to all of this:

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
We’ve played well this weekend. I’m not convinced we are a good team. Still going to be an uphill battle to make a Regional.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Truth… the Austin peay losses will remain disappointing but the team is playing well and starting to come together. I see no reason why this is not a regional team at worst. With some luck, potentially in the hosting discussion

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
It’s baseball. Teams have good and bad weekends. Lsu has/had more roles to fill than we did to start the season. They are still figuring this out. They’ll be much better at the end of the season than they are now, got to hope we are too, because if we play like this all season… we’ll lose more than we win.

neither team look very good right now. We are boasting about a 9-1mcomback that resulted in a loss instead of being worried about why we were down 9-1 to begin with

Reactions: Double Dawg

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
If they are good, we are good.

This was overheard coming from an 85 year old man explaining to a 40 year old man as we left the park.

This really isn't true. We beat them 2 of 3 last year in BR.

They were definitely good last year, and we were definitely not.

It may be true this year, but two games is not a relevant sample size yet. I hope we're good.

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
I’ve been encouraged by what I’ve seen this weekend but I think Johnson has some work to do for LSU to be one of the last 8 standing come June. He may get them there and they can definitely hit and score runs, so some will depend on the post season draws they get, but do not see that team as top 10 right now given what they’ve shown this weekend.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
It’s baseball. Teams have good and bad weekends. Lsu has/had more roles to fill than we did to start the season. They are still figuring this out. They’ll be much better at the end of the season than they are now, got to hope we are too, because if we play like this all season… we’ll lose more than we win.

neither team look very good right now. We are boasting about a 9-1mcomback that resulted in a loss instead of being worried about why we were down 9-1 to begin with
I don’t think anyone is boasting about the loss. People are encouraged that it didn’t end up being a 20 run game, because the last 2 years it would have been. I would have let Lemonis go after season, but anyone that can’t acknowledge the team is vastly improved is just looking for negative.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I don’t think anyone is boasting about the loss. People are encouraged that it didn’t end up being a 20 run game, because the last 2 years it would have been. I would have let Lemonis go after season, but anyone that can’t acknowledge the team is vastly improved is just looking for negative.

The word vastly is the problem here. Pretty clearly improved in important ways to my eyes.

Vastly isn't obvious yet.

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
This team played an embarrassing non conference schedule, no one knows how improved this team is let alone VASTLY improved. Half the non conference games weee played against teams barely better than good high school teams….

what has been seen so far this weekend against lsu is two teams still searching for answers... and a lot of our old issues pop up. Bad base running, bad pitching, starters that can’t go deep into games, lots of walks…. Both teams are battling, but neither have played well.

if We play this brand of baseball the rest of conference play, we’ll lose more than we win.

CEO2044

May 11, 2009
The hitting is very promising, IMO. May just be my memory, but I feel like the last couple seasons it’s taken a while for the bats to come alive.

The fielding is a definite upgrade.

Pitching- we will see, but it’s been adequate most of the time. Definite upgrade as well, hopefully a few guys get a little sharper with more games.

Baserunning needs to improve.

I feel comfortable saying this is no less than a top 25 team right now, easily.

Last edited:

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009

We ended up down 9-1 because of one bad starting pitcher and an umpire squeezing the zone in the 3rd.…

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
This team played an embarrassing non conference schedule, no one knows how improved this team is let alone VASTLY improved. Half the non conference games weee played against teams barely better than good high school teams….
Our nonconference SOS is currently at 131. 4 other SEC teams are significantly lower, Vandy is at 128, LSU at 129. The nonconference schedule is fine….not nearly as embarrassing as you are making it out to be. If it is, then half the league played an embarrassing nonconference schedule.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009

what has been seen so far this weekend against lsu is two teams still searching for answers... and a lot of our old issues pop up. Bad base running, bad pitching, starters that can’t go deep into games, lots of walks…. Both teams are battling, but neither have played well.

if We play this brand of baseball the rest of conference play, we’ll lose more than we win.
I disagree. Im not claiming this team is Omaha bound by any means. I think slightly better than .500 in sec play may be best case for this team. But ever since the Austin peay games, the team has generally played well. And yes against **** competition but now that they’ve played and beat someone good, you can’t act like that good team is terrible. It may turn out that LSU is overrated but as of, this team is exceeding expectations. Maybe I had expectations too low.

Reactions: 17itdawg

17itdawg

Sep 30, 2022
It’s looked like two Top 25 teams playing at DNF so far this weekend.
I mean if we go off the rankings released this morning, it was two Top 25 clubs battling it out.

I'm still on the I'll reserve judgement until May/June train though.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login