Boys far Kellen More, Now Har Don Merlin

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
I would not be shocked at all if Dan ends up in the NFL. His ego might be the biggest hurdle here though. Doubt he was dreaming of a NFL OC spot a few years ago.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
I just want to have cameras rolling for Mullins exit interview with Jerry

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I would not be shocked at all if Dan ends up in the NFL. His ego might be the biggest hurdle here though. Doubt he was dreaming of a NFL OC spot a few years ago.
I think Dan is a good enough coach to land in the NFL but I think urban Meyer going up in flames does not help him. They are similar coaches and both apparently major ********.

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
I could see Mullen as a OC in the pros. It probably would not hurt his buy out from Florida. His foot would be in the door. OC in college his igo would stop him but I think if he has the desires to coach NFL he probably knows he will have to be a OC first.

UncleChuck

Aug 6, 2021
DFW sports radio was trying to go hire Brian Johnson from Philly. Job he's done with Hurts + connection to Dak. Really they just want to steal someone from there the hell of it.

Reactions: HumpDawgy

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Its all good….McCarthey is going to call plays now according to multiple sources. No way this ends poorly….

Reactions: HRMSU

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I think Dan is a good enough coach to land in the NFL but I think urban Meyer going up in flames does not help him. They are similar coaches and both apparently major ********.
I think he is good enough I just don't know what the path is for him to get there. I think his ego would let him be OC in the NFL, but I'm not sure who is going to hire him to be OC. What he did in college just doesn't necessarily transfer to the pros. I think it'd have to be an offensive head coach that trusts him to help implement his offense and assist in play calling, but he'd probably have to earn play calling rights. Will Dan take a job like that? I'm not sure. Only reason I think there is a chance is because I believe he really doesn't want anything to do with NIL and the portal. I think he'd actually be ok with NIL; let boosters recruit and him focus on coaching. But I think people being able to transfer out because he rubbed them the wrong way would be killer for him.

Reactions: OG Goat Holder

kired

Aug 22, 2008
DFW sports radio was trying to go hire Brian Johnson from Philly. Job he's done with Hurts + connection to Dak. Really they just want to steal someone from there the hell of it.
Not sure what kind of fit that would be. Hurts runs the ball a TON more than Dak ever has, and Dak has really become a lot more one dimensional since his injury. He's had 4 rushing TDs total the last two seasons (2 regular season and 2 post season) after having about 5-6 each year prior to that. Rushing yardage has been cut in half. He's not looking to run at all anymore.

May be more successful if he did run more - but he'll probably have a longer career if he doesn't.

Reactions: HRMSU

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
Hurts runs the ball a TON more than Dak ever has, and Dak has really become a lot more one dimensional since his injury.

This is way Hurts will be a flash in the pan in the NFL unless his OC and coaching staff change up his gameplan.

bully12

Sep 2, 2012
Moore is now OC for the Chargers.
Cowboys also fired 5 other coaches; seemed to all be excess baggage. Cowboys reportedly had 29 assistant coaches before today. Reporting on Cowboys official site made it sound like McCarthy was told to get rid of multiple assistants and that it wasn't his idea. Subject to interpretation, though.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
If Don gets a OC gig in the NFL we will get to see that deer in the headlights look every Sunday. Big time games every week in the show.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Not sure what kind of fit that would be. Hurts runs the ball a TON more than Dak ever has, and Dak has really become a lot more one dimensional since his injury. He's had 4 rushing TDs total the last two seasons (2 regular season and 2 post season) after having about 5-6 each year prior to that. Rushing yardage has been cut in half. He's not looking to run at all anymore.

May be more successful if he did run more - but he'll probably have a longer career if he doesn't.

He’s not more one dimensional since the injury. He’s more one dimensional since signing a contract that pays him $40 million per year. The running is being coached out of him.

Reactions: Joe Schmedlap

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I just want to have cameras rolling for Mullins exit interview with Jerry
the hunchback of notre dame disney GIF

Felonious Junk

Oct 23, 2008
Im assuming Brian Schottenheimer will be the new OC. He’s been an offensive consultant this season and he and McCarthy are good friends. McCarthy was in Schottenheimer’s wedding.
As soon as I saw the Moore had been let go, I assumed it was to make room for Brian.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Its all good….McCarthey is going to call plays now according to multiple sources. No way this ends poorly….
I have no idea, and I mean NO IDEA, what anyone has ever seen in McCarthy. If Jerry wanted a yes man, he succeeded, but that’s about all I can find that McCarthy has going for him

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
As much as I dislike AJ Brown, just think of the difference it would have made if Dallas had signed Brown rather than Philly signing him. Losing Amari Cooper and replacing him with nobody was a real killer for Dallas this season. They just don't have enough playmakers to help Dak.

Well, Philly traded a 1st round pick for Brown just like Dallas did for Cooper. But unlike Dallas, Philly won’t trade his *** for a 5th round pick a year from now.

Reactions: Joe Schmedlap

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Brown may be injured. He has not been the receiver he was at the beginning of the year for the Eagles. They will have him for three more years so they can hope he stays on his game.
He would have been great for Dak in Dallas. There aren't many receivers with his strength and overall ability. I wouldn't think Cooper is really all that close and certainly not anyone currently on the Cowboy's roster.

WrapItDog

Aug 23, 2012
I could see Mullen as a OC in the pros. It probably would not hurt his buy out from Florida
Mullen has no buy out from Florida. Straight cash money thanks to this AD buddy doing him a solid. He got like 6 million due 60 days after he was fired and gets 1 million a year for 6 years. He could be the head coach at FSU and it would change his Florida deal.

Reactions: GloryDawg

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Mullen has no buy out from Florida. Straight cash money thanks to this AD buddy doing him a solid. He got like 6 million due 60 days after he was fired and gets 1 million a year for 6 years. He could be the head coach at FSU and it would change his Florida deal.
Thanks!

Felonious Junk

Oct 23, 2008
Im assuming Brian Schottenheimer will be the new OC. He’s been an offensive consultant this season and he and McCarthy are good friends. McCarthy was in Schottenheimer’s wedding.
As soon as I saw the Moore had been let go, I assumed it was to make room for Brian.
Bump

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login