Brace yourself for softball mania...

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Due to the convergence of a success starved fanbase, that endured an intensely disappointing baseball flopfest, with a red-hot softball team playing at home in their first super after shocking the #3 national seed.

Enjoy your time in the sun ladies. I hope you stay there for a long time. The softball stadium should be bonkers this weekend.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Due to the convergence of a success starved fanbase, that endured an intensely disappointing baseball flopfest, with a red-hot softball team playing at home in their first super after shocking the #3 national seed.

Enjoy your time in the sun ladies. I hope you stay there for a long time. The softball stadium should be bonkers this weekend.

#2 national seed*

The first team to ever do it.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
I mean you certainly don’t want baseball to be bad like they were, but that has definitely allowed softball to get a bigger spotlight that they probably wouldn’t have gotten otherwise. In any other year the majority of our fan base would be more focused on Hoover that a softball super regional.

Will certainly be rooting for their continued success and it would be awesome to see them make it to the WCWS in Oklahoma City.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
I mean you certainly don’t want baseball to be bad like they were, but that has definitely allowed softball to get a bigger spotlight that they probably wouldn’t have gotten otherwise. In any other year the majority of our fan base would be more focused on Hoover that a softball super regional.

Will certainly be rooting for their continued success and it would be awesome to see them make it to the WCWS in Oklahoma City.

They definitely deserve it. The significance of what they have accomplished is phenomenal. 12 SEC teams went into regional play. State is one of 3 to make it to a super including blue bloods UT and bama who failed to advance on their own fields. They beat a #2 NS (got it right this time) TWICE at their house in a jam packed, pressure packed stadium. A team who only lost 5 games all season and not lost a nonconference game all season. That just does not happen in softball where the same pitchers throw everyday.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
And look, we've got a great chance to make the WCWS. AZ is solid but their pitching was 166 in the country entering regional play and Mike Candrea isn't walking through the gate.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
And look, we've got a great chance to make the WCWS. AZ is solid but their pitching was 166 in the country entering regional play and Mike Candrea isn't walking through the gate.

Beating the Florida State team we just beat tells you that we are capable of beating pretty much anybody. FSU was 54-5 (!) entering yesterday.

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012

The one thing they have though is experience in the post season. This will be their 8th or 9th straight super.

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
Yep, with the baseball team totally crapping the bed, the softball team has every MSU fan's attention. Good luck ladies!!

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
Don't forget - Florida State's ace pitcher may have been the best pitcher in the country. She came into the day 30-1. She finished the day 30-3.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
The one thing they have though is experience in the post season. This will be their 8th or 9th straight super.

But their first with a new coach. This isn't the great AZ teams from the past and only a couple SRs on the team. PAC is good and AZ solid but they haven't been strong this year. If there's ever been an opportunity to reach the WCWS, this is it.

Last edited:

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
Oklahoma is the best team in the country, but has some drama. A week ago, one of the best players left the team and their best pitcher hasn't been able to pitch since May 6. They are 52-2 but they are not the same team without Bahl. A&M should have beaten them in the winner's bracket game (lost 3-2), and they had no pitching left when they faced them in a regional final and lost 20-0.

They have Central Florida in a Super Regional. UCF is a nice story, but they don't have the fire power to beat Oklahoma. If State gets past Arizona and makes the WCWS, our side of the bracket is the easier of the two. Oklahoma State-Clemson winner would await - would rather have Clemson. But two non-national seeds on the other side and a Florida team that we know.

615dawg

Jun 4, 2007
Their pitching showed up in the regional. They have talent because they are the blue blood program. But they barely made the tournament and we should be thought of as the favorite.

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
Yep, I watched most of second game yesterday. Wife said I knew nothing about players on softball team.

I countered with Mia Davidson our catcher leads the SEC in home runs with 90 something for her career, which is about 12 shy of the National record from a girl that is playing on Oklahoma team.

She was impressed and also said I needed help for being a rabid fan that just needs a State team to root for.

Yep, I do and what’s wrong with rooting for your school in everything they compete in?

maroonmania

Feb 23, 2008
Yep, I watched most of second game yesterday. Wife said I knew nothing about players on softball team.

I countered with Mia Davidson our catcher leads the SEC in home runs with 90 something for her career, which is about 12 shy of the National record from a girl that is playing on Oklahoma team.

She was impressed and also said I needed help for being a rabid fan that just needs a State team to root for.

Yep, I do and what’s wrong with rooting for your school in everything they compete in?

Was traveling yesterday and unable to watch. So far I haven't been able to find a replay on demand which is disappointing. Anyone seen one available to at least view that final regional game?

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012

There is nothing is wrong with that. My knowledge of the softball roster, or lack thereof, is similar to yours but I do know they wear the maroon and white and that is enough to peak my interest. I plead guilty to being a 'band wagon' softball fan but hey, better late than never. The reality is there are only so many sports teams one has time to follow closely and softball hasn't been one of those for me but I am going to enjoy this run as long as it lasts.

Go Budaw

Aug 22, 2012

You say that, but we all know Bobby Dalbec’s probably got a younger sister that’s going to 17 everything up for us.

cowbell88

Jan 11, 2009
There is nothing is wrong with that. My knowledge of the softball roster, or lack thereof, is similar to yours but I do know they wear the maroon and white and that is enough to peak my interest. I plead guilty to being a 'band wagon' softball fan but hey, better late than never. The reality is there are only so many sports teams one has time to follow closely and softball hasn't been one of those for me but I am going to enjoy this run as long as it lasts.

Thanks to Six Pack, I had some stats to throw out. I remember a thread about Mia the other day

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Was traveling yesterday and unable to watch. So far I haven't been able to find a replay on demand which is disappointing. Anyone seen one available to at least view that final regional game?
If you watch the replay of "7 Innings Live" from yesterday, you can get at least 'whiparound' coverage (think 'NFL Redzone') at around the 2 hour mark for game 1, then game 2 starts at I think about 5 hours in.

It's not a pure broadcast and you get mix of the live broadcast along with a lot of voiceovers from Jessica Mendoza, Kris Budden, and some other chick, but you can at least watch it.

They all expected Florida State to pull a rabbit out of their hat at the last minute and were absolutely shocked when they didn't.

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
615dawg said:
Oklahoma is the best team in the country, but has some drama. A week ago, one of the best players left the team and their best pitcher hasn't been able to pitch since May 6. They are 52-2 but they are not the same team without Bahl. A&M should have beaten them in the winner's bracket game (lost 3-2), and they had no pitching left when they faced them in a regional final and lost 20-0.

They have Central Florida in a Super Regional. UCF is a nice story, but they don't have the fire power to beat Oklahoma. If State gets past Arizona and makes the WCWS, our side of the bracket is the easier of the two. Oklahoma State-Clemson winner would await - would rather have Clemson. But two non-national seeds on the other side and a Florida team that we know.
She want to experience Starkvegas?***

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login