May 24, 2006
For the men, it's easy: Win it out. Last Bubble Team

For the women, 9-seed playing Oklahoma State at Stanford

Reactions: She Mate Me

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012

First indication all year that the women are off the bubble. I like it.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
In that scenario, we have to beat Wisconsin and then get to meet up with TCU again. Then it would be on to face Gonzaga.

Damn thatd be a fun first weekend of MSU basketball.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012

Not so easy to win out. TAM and Vandy playing well and USC gave bama all they wanted. Coming so close and losing at the end of OT like that on Tuesday was a crusher.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
In that scenario, we have to beat Wisconsin and then get to meet up with TCU again. Then it would be on to face Gonzaga.

All I wanted for the first year from our new coach this season was to be competitive enough to be back in the conversation about the NCAA tournament again. He definitely accomplish that. I really did not see the back at the end of December.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012

Wisconsin has to play @ Michigan, #5 Purdue and @Minnesota. That's a tough row to finish on.

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Not so easy to win out. TAM and Vandy playing well and USC gave bama all they wanted. Coming so close and losing at the end of OT like that on Tuesday was a crusher.
I know.

And @DawgatAuburn has mentioned that we don't necessarily HAVE to win out according to Torvik. That said, a 22 percent chance of not making it with a 2-1 finish is still too close to call as far as I'm concerned.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
Oklahoma St also has a tough row to hoe as well with Kansas State, Baylor and Texas Tech.

The team you might want to pay attention to is Utah State. Their net is high 30's and they have Boise St. left to play which would probably be another Q1 win if they pulled it off. While they are currently in the first four out, they have a good chance of winning the Mountain West tournament and getting the automatic qualifier.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
First indication all year that the women are off the bubble. I like it.

Yeah, they're in and off that awful prospect of an extra game.

With the pressure off, I'd like to see them go down to BR and compete with the Fighting Mulkies Sunday.

Considering they started SEC play 1-3, getting to 9-6 in conference is pretty damn impressive.

Reactions: Dawgg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login