Bradley Loftin

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Doubt you’d see it this weekend but could happen next weekend.

We really need to get Cade back soon, we’ve gotta have him to eat innings for us somewhere.

rynodawg

May 29, 2007
It’s time to get Loftin in the weekend rotation. If it were me, I’d start loftin Sunday. Even if he is on a pitch count. I don’t care if he only throws 2 innings Sunday. Need to go ahead and get him on that schedule.
He showed much better control yesterday, not sure if he’s ready to replicate that though in high pressure SEC games. But on the other hand, none of our current starters are ready for SEC play except for Cade Smith who is not playing.

MStateDawg

Aug 3, 2021
I doubt we see him on the weekends until he skips a mid-week start (Lemonis said as much in his post game Q&A last night).
If it were me, I wouldn't use him him next week vs Samford and then start him vs South Carolina, but I bet this staff waits one more week and has him skip the Grambling game and throws him @Alabama.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Agree. Was kinda hoping he would be forced in by Ynetma’s latest struggles. But it seems we’re gonna go right back to last weekend’s group.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
It’s time to get Loftin in the weekend rotation. If it were me, I’d start loftin Sunday. Even if he is on a pitch count. I don’t care if he only throws 2 innings Sunday. Need to go ahead and get him on that schedule.
He's had one start where he didn't walk hitters. He's a couple more weeks away. Cade should be getting close too.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
He's had one start where he didn't walk hitters. He's a couple more weeks away. Cade should be getting close too.
Yeah people forget the previous walkathons because of one good game. He'd be more of the same. But he's dang sure unhittable when he doesn't walk the ballpark.

Reactions: tcdog70

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

Cade’s “been getting close” for a month, and Kohn’s been doing the same all season. At this point it’s unrealistic to expect either to give us much of anything this year, which sucks. Even when they get healthy they are gonna need a few weeks to get in SEC game shape, and by that time we’ll have had other guys step up, or no one will and we’ll be too far in the cellar for it to matter what they do. Same boat as KC Hunt last year.

It was at least encouraging to see Nixon back out there on Tuesday, however.

Reactions: patdog

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
It was at least encouraging to see Nixon back out there on Tuesday, however.
Was it though? Three plunked batters and I think only 12 total pitches thrown? I guess anything from him is better than nothing but this looked like the tiniest possible baby step if it's even a step forward at all. More like he managed to stand up without falling down so we're calling it a step.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Was it though? Three plunked batters and I think only 12 total pitches thrown? I guess anything from him is better than nothing but this looked like the tiniest possible baby step if it's even a step forward at all. More like he managed to stand up without falling down so we're calling it a step.

Full disclosure - didn’t watch and only checked box score and saw he had a K with no hits, runs, or walks. Guess I should have checked more closely. But regardless it at least indicates he’s healthy enough to go moving forward. I can overlook some cobwebs if he’s maybe struggling with one particular pitch in his first outing back.

Reactions: Msuirondawgs

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022
Full disclosure - didn’t watch and only checked box score and saw he had a K with no hits, runs, or walks. Guess I should have checked more closely. But regardless it at least indicates he’s healthy enough to go moving forward. I can overlook some cobwebs if he’s maybe struggling with one particular pitch in his first outing back.
We know he is good already from his Texas days, and I'm with you - I hope he can get back to it and quickly. I wasn't 100% watching either so not sure if he was missing with one particular pitch and he just needs to get that reined in first. But I saw the 3 HBPs and when Lem came out and pulled him I noticed 12 pitches, although Bart and Charlie were mentioning that the goal of the outing was to throw some pitches to actual batters in a live game, that was accomplished, and that this wasn't really Lem pulling him because of the HBPs because his last batter faced was the K.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login