Braedyn Locke in Portal

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Making room I guess. I don’t think he was going to see the field anytime soon regardless of who was OC

PirateBay

Jan 9, 2020
Lol , yea good luck getting another four star qb any time soon
Dude, you have to go back to 2016 to find the last class we didn’t sign a 4* QB in, and that’s because we didn’t take a QB in that class. You’re acting like we can’t find a 4 star QB when we’ve literally signed one for 7 straight years, spanning 4 head coaches.

More likely, we have an OC identified and he doesn’t want a bakers dozen QB’s on the roster. Which, we knew would be the case.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I highly doubt any OC would complain about having 3 4* QBs on the roster plus a 3* 3 year starter. If I'm not mistaken that's all we have under scholarship. I figure Locke feels like it's in his best interests to move on to greener pastures

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Lol , yea good luck getting another four star qb any time soon
Lol you know nothing. You act like we won't ever sign a 4 star again or have an nfl caliber qb. It's actually more of a likely hood we will have one soon if Briles is coming here.

PirateBay

Jan 9, 2020
I highly doubt any OC would complain about having 3 4* QBs on the roster plus a 3* 3 year starter. If I'm not mistaken that's all we have under scholarship. I figure Locke feels like it's in his best interests to move on to greener pastures
Maybe not, but Parsons would have been your 6th QB on roster. Attrition is going to happen somewhere, and that’s assuming there are no changes. If the new OC wants a transfer QB for competition, as others seem to, you probably have to lose another.

If you will all recall, adding more QB’s to the roster was a big point of emphasis when Leach got here. He keeps more on hand than most/all coaches, and obviously doesn’t have tight ends.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
6th ? I only count 5. I did not think Lovertich was returning. He is a walk on too, so you really should not even count him. But that is plenty of QBs either way. And I don't see us having any trouble signing QBs but I don't think he was pushed out. He set a lot of records in Texas high school football.

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
I loved Coach Leach but it seems like he hardly ever had a QB start fo more than 2 years. Most starting in the junior and senior year, then the next guy in his junior and senior year, then maybe the next guy didn’t start until he was a senior. But with the portal, that philosophy will never work again. They better be good enough to start as a sophomore, with a redshirt freshman behind him and a true freshman behind him. And maybe a 4th guy who was a serviceable high 2/low 3 who is willing to develop into a decent QB if a guy ahead of him steps into the portable.

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
Dude, you have to go back to 2016 to find the last class we didn’t sign a 4* QB in, and that’s because we didn’t take a QB in that class. You’re acting like we can’t find a 4 star QB when we’ve literally signed one for 7 straight years, spanning 4 head coaches.

More likely, we have an OC identified and he doesn’t want a bakers dozen QB’s on the roster. Which, we knew would be the case.
Will Rogers and Jalen Mayden were 4 stars? That’s a good one

Reactions: Uncle Ruckus

PirateBay

Jan 9, 2020
6th ? I only count 5. I did not think Lovertich was returning. He is a walk on too, so you really should not even count him. But that is plenty of QBs either way. And I don't see us having any trouble signing QBs but I don't think he was pushed out. He set a lot of records in Texas high school football.
Lovertich has a year left if he wants it, and is apparently better than some of the guys on scholarship.
I’m not saying Locke was pushed out, just that attrition was to be expected from a QB or two not named Rogers or Parsons.

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
I loved Coach Leach but it seems like he hardly ever had a QB start fo more than 2 years. Most starting in the junior and senior year, then the next guy in his junior and senior year, then maybe the next guy didn’t start until he was a senior. But with the portal, that philosophy will never work again. They better be good enough to start as a sophomore, with a redshirt freshman behind him and a true freshman behind him. And maybe a 4th guy who was a serviceable high 2/low 3 who is willing to develop into a decent QB if a guy ahead of him steps into the portable.
Broadcasters during the bowl game said that Rogers was the only Freshman to start for Leach. I didn’t fact check them, but that’s what they said.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
That QB room wasn't great. They couldn't even beat out Will Rogers, who isn't good either. Greek was a family friend Leach brought in. Robertson was awful in the limited action he got. Locke hadn't beaten him out. Our QB development under Leach was nonexistent. If Locke wanted to stay and make a run at playing, he could've stayed through spring. He wanted out.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login