Breaking News

ShelBitty

Oct 11, 2022
Oxford and their football stadium is a craphole. I took the wife to see Morgan Wallen Saturday night. Parking and getting to and from the stadium took hours. Beers being sold for $18. Women having to suffer waiting in ridiculous lines to use a bathroom. Many women resulting to invading men's rooms. I witnessed a woman use a urinal for the first time. The concert itself was awesome but the rest of the experience was terrible. 17 that place. It would take a hell of a reason for me to ever set foot in Oxford for a second time. I hate it for those tonight that had to experience all that cluster-17 and didn't even see the guy perform.
#hobbylobby

ShelBitty

Oct 11, 2022
Also Hardy puts on one hell of a show.

Going back to parking, is the shuttling to and from parking areas during football games in that hell hole usually a two hour process? I would assume not as baseball and softball games had taken up parking also. It was poorly executed by the town and university, which I guess I should have expected. The town of Oxford was overwhelmed in a way that I can't imagine Starkville being.

jethreauxdawg

Dec 20, 2010
Oxford and their football stadium is a craphole. I took the wife to see Morgan Wallen Saturday night. Parking and getting to and from the stadium took hours. Beers being sold for $18. Women having to suffer waiting in ridiculous lines to use a bathroom. Many women resulting to invading men's rooms. I witnessed a woman use a urinal for the first time. The concert itself was awesome but the rest of the experience was terrible. 17 that place. It would take a hell of a reason for me to ever set foot in Oxford for a second time. I hate it for those tonight that had to experience all that cluster-17 and didn't even see the guy perform.
#hobbylobby
Women using urinals? $18 bud lights will do that.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I went to the
#hobbylobby
Garth Brooks concert at LSU last year and it was kinda a cluster too. For what it’s worth, LSU warned that it would be. I think the problem is you have everyone coming and going at the same time. With a football game, some leave early, some hang around after the game and tailgate longer. I think anytime you get 60k plus people leaving anything at one time it’s going to suck.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Well there is some truth here. Beer was $18 for a 24oz. I did witness women walking in the back side of the men's room and using the toilets in stalls.

I realize most State fans are too poor or lazy to attend the egg bowl there. But their stadium isn't the worst. It's decent.

Now traffic was the worse I've experienced there. I'm not sure why. Because I've been there for near sell out football games and the traffic was handled better.

Hardy put on a great show. He gained some fans I bet. He wore a maroon shirt.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Well there is some truth here. Beer was $18 for a 24oz. I did witness women walking in the back side of the men's room and using the toilets in stalls.

I realize most State fans are too poor or lazy to attend the egg bowl there. But their stadium isn't the worst. It's decent.

Now traffic was the worse I've experienced there. I'm not sure why. Because I've been there for near sell out football games and the traffic was handled better.

Hardy put on a great show. He gained some fans I bet. He wore a maroon shirt.
I've attended every game we've played in oxford for about the last 20 years with a couple of exceptions. I've also been to most of the rest of them in the conference.

Their stadium is, indeed, the worst. It's an embarrassment to the SEC.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
I've attended every game we've played in oxford for about the last 20 years with a couple of exceptions. I've also been to most of the rest of them in the conference.

Good deal. Me too. So there was me, you, the band and 50 other State fans at the egg bowl in 2018 and 2022.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
But their stadium isn't the worst. It's decent.
You couldn't be more wrong... I'll wager I've been inside VHS more than any other state fan. The west side is in such disrepair that they're looking for any feasible means to demo it and rebuild. The north end zone is made of aluminum on steel frame with some block buildings under it serving as concessions. It's like something you'd see at La tech or Troy.

The east side? I've never been to Mizzou or S. Carolina but I'm confident when I say that part of the stadium is biggest 1970's pile of sh it in the SEC. It's leagues worse than anything at DWS. The rebel club is nothing more than a molded cherry on top of a turd.

The south end zone is the only section that is remotely presentable for an SEC program.... and that's coming from a guy who used to have piss splash up on his shoes in our restrooms.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
You couldn't be more wrong... I'll wager I've been inside VHS more than any other state fan. The west side is in such disrepair that they're looking for any feasible means to demo it and rebuild. The north end zone is made of aluminum on steel frame with some block buildings under it serving as concessions. It's like something you'd see at La tech or Troy.

The east side? I've never been to Mizzou or S. Carolina but I'm confident when I say that part of the stadium is biggest 1970's pile of sh it in the SEC. It's leagues worse than anything at DWS. The rebel club is nothing more than a molded cherry on top of a turd.

The south end zone is the only section that is remotely presentable for an SEC program.... and that's coming from a guy who used to have piss splash up on his shoes in our restrooms.
Their football stadium looks good on ESPN on game day when it’s full, but it will all have to be replaced. They have taken their personal finance practices(leasing BMWs) and applied it to stadium expansions. Twenty years from now it will have to be redone at a phenomenal cost.

Reactions: Xenomorph

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
#hobbylobby
I heard they were throwing their beers in the air soaking folks in the crowd like a baseball game. $18 beers thrown around and wasted like tap water. Damn Cake Eaters.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

GTDawg

Sep 8, 2021
That stadium is not built to handle 40K+ entering at the same time... The concourses are a cluster and not big enough for crowds like that... I too witnessed women resorting to using the men's restroom... My wife used the portajohns because the line was shorter... I guess in our stadium you have bathrooms and concessions spread out over four levels... Leaving I sat in the same place for an hour before moving... Once we got moving we actually moved pretty good. Getting onto campus was a nightmare with people merging on those roundabouts.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016

I haven't been to a college game there since the mid 90s, but I did go to some high school state title games there a few years ago. That stadium is just terrible under the stands. It's worse than what Scott Field was back in the 80s. The seating bowl is ok I guess. It just looks goofy because the south endzone totally dominates the rest of the stadium. It makes the whole thing look lopsided and off center. That is NOT apparent on TV at all.

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
Ole Miss and Oxford made Million’s of $ this weekend. Wallen’s management has to refund the ticket money for Sunday. But Ole Miss gets to keep the $70-$100 parking pass and $18 Each beer sales.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Good deal. Me too. So there was me, you, the band and 50 other State fans at the egg bowl in 2018 and 2022.
I thought their laser light show before this years egg was pretty sweet. But other than that, I can't say anything was better than our typical atmosphere. I think the DJ thing kind of backfires - it's a cool idea, but the fans can't sing along because the songs get mixed. It cuts out the crowd involvement.

bolddogge

Aug 23, 2012

I've attended every EB there since it moved back to campus. (As a matter of fact, I've attended 46 straight EB's regardless of location.) UM seems to tack things on to that dung heap, but they never improve what's already there.

vhdawg

Sep 29, 2004
#hobbylobby
I speak as an expert here....Ole Miss has the worst gameday parking and traffic situation in the SEC. Ten years ago or so before you needed a parking pass to get on campus it wasn't quite as bad parking, but the traffic has always been a disaster.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
So what. Other than pleasing you, what does it matter? We gonna start talking about SEC road attendance bragging rights now?

I don’t give a rip about ever stepping foot in their stadium or their city limits. It does NOTHING to benefit MSU.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
So what. Other than pleasing you, what does it matter? We gonna start talking about SEC road attendance bragging rights now?

I don’t give a rip about ever stepping foot in their stadium or their city limits. It does NOTHING to benefit MSU.
Well, your pettiness is depriving you of one of the greatest joys a State fan can ever feel: whipping their asses on their home field, taking over their stadium, and watching their fans get all butthurt over it.

I had the pleasure of witnessing this at several egg bowls, as well as our last men's bball game there and last year's baseball series. It's delicious. I recommend you give it a try. It absolutely benefits MSU in general, and MSU fans in particular.

Never miss an opportunity to remind them that we're better than them. They already know it in their brains, but their true believerism leads to broken hearts, and I'm there for it.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
My experience w/ that town is 1 football game in 1973, 1 basketball game at The Sad Pad in about 1985 and no (0) appearances at Lake Swazy or whatever they call that goat ranch of a baseball stadium. I did go to the old baseball field one time to see it and there was about a 50' drop off from the right field fence into a kudzu heaven and a concrete block building for bathrooms and concessions.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
Also Hardy puts on one hell of a show.

Going back to parking, is the shuttling to and from parking areas during football games in that hell hole usually a two hour process? I would assume not as baseball and softball games had taken up parking also. It was poorly executed by the town and university, which I guess I should have expected. The town of Oxford was overwhelmed in a way that I can't imagine Starkville being.
What's their parking death records? Something like 2-3 folk have been run over and killed by vehicles drunkingly speeding away from the parking lots following football games.

ShelBitty

Oct 11, 2022
That stadium is not built to handle 40K+ entering at the same time... The concourses are a cluster and not big enough for crowds like that... I too witnessed women resorting to using the men's restroom... My wife used the portajohns because the line was shorter... I guess in our stadium you have bathrooms and concessions spread out over four levels... Leaving I sat in the same place for an hour before moving... Once we got moving we actually moved pretty good. Getting onto campus was a nightmare with people merging on those roundabouts.
I noticed they didn't even open all the gates at the end so that we could all get the hell out of that place

Dec 9, 2022
#hobbylobby
The first time of two that I had to go to Oxford was amazing. Not because of the town or people, but because I got to be there in the midst of the pretentious denizens on the very night that the holier-than-thou Hugh Freeze resigned. Young girls and grown men wept openly at the eatery I happened to be at when the news broke. It made having to go there worth it!

Last edited:

Anon1664516582

Sep 30, 2022
The folks that own the Coors & Miller distribution there are from Starkville. So that’s a positive!!!

jdbulldog

Oct 27, 2007
Because I am poor AND lazy I have not attended an Egg Bowl in VH for many years. Sometimes it pays to be that way I guess.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login