Bruce Pearl and Auburn going home early…

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Seems obvious the SEC was significantly overrated, making the season we had even more pathetic.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Not sure why 1 game would be indicative of how good or bad a team is for the season.

DAWGS1.sixpack

Feb 15, 2007
I said nothing about one team, my comment was about the SEC's NCAAT performance, which says a lot about the conference.

Think you can say the overall Conference was dang good when you look at how AU was #1 and Top 5-6 for most of the season, UT was strong and won some big games, KY doing KY things, Bama beating Gonzaga, Baylor and Houston, Arkansas playing great bball late and still in the Trny.

57stratdawg

Mar 24, 2010
Not shocked to see them out early. They could have easily lost 4 or 5 extra games this year.

Honestly, that entire bracket could get crazy. I heard it called “Kansas or Chaos” before the tournament started. Good description, because it could easily end up with a 10 or 11 seed winning it.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I said nothing about one team, my comment was about the SEC's NCAAT performance, which says a lot about the conference.

I also said nothing about one team. I said I am not sure why one game would be indicative of how good or bad a team is for the season.

That is a response to your claim that how teams from a conference handle a 1 and done style tournament is representative of if the teams and conference were actually good during the year or not.

For example, UK being upset by a Cinderella doesn't make UK overrated during the season.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I also said nothing about one team. I said I am not sure why one game would be indicative of how good or bad a team is for the season.

That is a response to your claim that how teams from a conference handle a 1 and done style tournament is representative of if the teams and conference were actually good during the year or not.

For example, UK being upset by a Cinderella doesn't make UK overrated during the season.

The SEC has now played 9 games in the 2022 NCAA Tournament.

The SEC team was the higher seed in all 9 of those games.

The SEC's record in the 2022 NCAA Tournament is now 4-5.

The only SEC team left in the tournament is Arkansas, who has taken out a 12 and a 13 seed by a total of 9 points to advance to the Sweet Sixteen.

The other two SEC wins were over a 15 seed and a 14 seed, making it very likely that the SEC's best 2022 NCAA Tournament win will be over a 12 seed.

My conclusion from the above information is that the SEC was overrated this season.

Over and out.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
This has been a really weird tournament for favorites and lower seeds. I mean you're gonna see some crazy stuff every year but I don't remember last time we had this many lower seeds in the swe

Unfortunately the teams are really despise have won like Notre Dame, Gonzaga, and Miami. They did eliminate some of the teams I really can't stand like Kentucky so I guess you can't have everything.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Not sure why 1 game would be indicative of how good or bad a team is for the season.

Something happened with Auburn down the stretch because at one time they were just destroying everybody in their path. I think it all started when they were upset but Arkansas on the road.

PhredPhantom

Mar 3, 2008
I want Auburn to LOSE every game in every sport they ever play from now to eternity.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login