Buddy Stephens

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
What's the scuttlebutt on Buddy joining the staff ? Any truth to it and if so what capacity ?

TPIPER36

May 19, 2023
Idk but that guy is a clown. Dude you won a community college championship. Who cares? He acts like he’s Nick Sabin

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
What would be better, promote a GA, hire a Highschool Coach or hire a JUCO HC. I think he would have a lot of in roads to High schools. I am guessing if true he is replacing Brad Petterson. Don't know just guessing.

GoDawgz52

Aug 21, 2023
Im Not No Way GIF

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
So none of y'all have heard that he was being added ? I saw a comment on ED but personally have heard nothing about him and wondered what role an old JC coach would be taking.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Whenever Lebby is tired of hearing from a parent in the stands, Buddy goes and has him or her kicked out of the stadium.

• Haha
Reactions: Coast_Dawg

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
That would be an absolutely awful hire in my opinion. That’s not the kind of guy I want on our staff….the way he treated Marcus Wood was despicable.

Hard pass.
What happened here?

I'm certainly not stumping for Stephens, although I think leveraging JUCO might could be an area for innovation. I don't know anything about the guy except for his record at EMCC, which is about the only football success story in MS in the modern era. But none of that matters if he's just another Mississippi blowhard bubba.

dudehead

Jul 9, 2006
My son loved playing for Buddy even though there were times that he hated him (probably when Buddy meted out some discipline). He said Buddy was a player's coach and made all of them better players. My respect for him grew significantly during my son's two years there. Plus, it was fun watching him work the refs very similar to the way basketball coaches do.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
There is my screenshot from ED. A lot of BS over there. Half of those guys pretend they are insiders. They usually are full of ****

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
What's the scuttlebutt on Buddy joining the staff ? Any truth to it and if so what capacity ?
That makes zero sense. If Buddy had any aspirations of moving up the coaching ladder he'd have made a move before now.

Last edited:

JackShephard

Sep 27, 2011
There is my screenshot from ED. A lot of BS over there. Half of those guys pretend they are insiders. They usually are full of ****
Especially if you miss the sarcasm.

FYI - They had better information, and sooner, on this coaching search.

Guess someone should've taken screen shots of the Bob Stoops "rumors" over here and posted them on ED so they could talk about how stupid and wrong the people on SPS are.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020

Guess someone should've taken screen shots of the Bob Stoops "rumors" over here and posted them on ED so they could talk about how stupid and wrong the people on SPS are.
Stoops is still coming. He’s just playing the long game.

• Haha
Reactions: JackShephard

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
State fans need to get over this "I've heard of this guy, so obviously we need to hire him/sign him" mentality. I'm not saying that what you're doing, but every time a player or coach comes available you see posts and tweets about how we need to get this guy - regardless if the guy is washed up, over-rated, or a bad fit.

Also, I can't imagine Stephens being just another guy on the administrative staff after running the show in Scooba for a decade and a half.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017

Touch a nerve for ya ?? Yeah I missed the sarcasterisk

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Idk but that guy is a clown. Dude you won a community college championship. Who cares? He acts like he’s Nick Sabin
1701289469837.png
Nick Sabin (only acts like he won a college championship)

1701289510245.png

Nick Saban, who has multiple ones. You really have to look close..........

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login