Bulldog Club donations VS NIL donations

Nov 14, 2010
I know this has been discussed at nausea but I wanted to throw this out to those BC members (like myself) that donate.

Today - there is no reason that I can think of on why a BC member would donate anymore than required (for seating etc) to the BC. Any BC member currently donating MORE than required to the BC needs to switch to NIL. I would love to see a report from the BC showing how much money is received annually over and beyond what would be required for seating etc. and if you are not an active BC member or active NIL donator to MSU - please don’t comment because you have no voice. Hail State!

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
Make the minimum to BC for your tickets and then the rest to BI. I set up monthly payments to BI. I know some have hinted at eventually using BI for your seats also. I don’t know what that means for BC going forward or if that means they will eventually be able to be combined. But all support needs to be to BI. NIL collectives are now a major factor for coaches choosing where they go and this is the future of college sports

Reactions: harrydawg.sixpack

patdog

May 28, 2007
Make the minimum to BC for your tickets and then the rest to BI. I set up monthly payments to BI. I know some have hinted at eventually using BI for your seats also. I don’t know what that means for BC going forward or if that means they will eventually be able to be combined. But all support needs to be to BI. NIL collectives are now a major factor for coaches choosing where they go and this is the future of college sports
With the market for tickets, I don't know why you'd even give that much to the Bulldog Club. In 2023, my BC donation is going to the Bulldog Initiative.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Seems like BI needs to be the main focus for private money. TV money can pay for all the things the school can legally pay for, like coaching, facilities and scholarships.

Dawghouse

Sep 14, 2011
What impact will this eventually have on coaches salaries? Doesn't BC cover all salaries above the state limits? I'm assuming seat fees would still cover that but who knows.

Im not disagreeing here, just curious if that is an unforeseen problem if donations to BC dry up. I'm assuming checks would be written by cigar boys if money for salaries was needed.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login