Bulldog Initiative has $5 million according to this article…

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
Staples has a pretty good summary of the potential coaches in his video at the top of that page. He does a good job and offers a reasonable assessment of where State is in the pecking order. I noticed one name that he left off completely, which makes me wonder. But I thought he did a good job.

Bulldog from Birth

Jan 23, 2007
I’ve always wondered if our NIL strategy ought to be to penny pinch and save up for about 5 to 7 years, pick a year with the most favorable schedule, and then unload all those years of NIL build up into one glorious season to remember.

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
I’ve always wondered if our NIL strategy ought to be to penny pinch and save up for about 5 to 7 years, pick a year with the most favorable schedule, and then unload all those years of NIL build up into one glorious season to remember.
Have thought the same. Maybe save enough to have a good 3-4 year run but probably still need to spend enough to win 7 games most years in the meantime

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
And we still can’t get this guy…

man dollar GIF

When the NIL hits 6M, I’m gonna refer to Charlie as Oscar Goldman… **

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
I’m just liking everything! Looking forward to another robust baseball vs football coffee klatsch

• Haha
Reactions: Dawgg

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
That's false. The revenue from baseball is no where near that of football. The NIL we use for baseball should be minimal.
Seems pretty obvious he was referring to the return being success on the field, not money. I'd rather have a consistent final four team in basketball and consistent CWS team in baseball and have a ****** football team compared to being average in all three sports with 6 or 7 wins a year in football, even if the football program generates more money and even though I'd prefer to be good in football if that were an option. But being good in football is hard. We may not be able to be a consistent final four team in basketball, but as long as we have Jans, we can keep a top 20 team consistently I think. Baseball I don't know wtf to think anymore, but presumably we can do better than we are.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
Where does that put us in SEC and with other p5 schools?
The article says $5 million is "close to middle of the pack" in the SEC, which probably means top 25 nationally. And that was before the current drive, I assume. I can only assume the Winning Drive campaign will put around 6-8 range in the conference. That's pretty freaking good and nowhere near what naysayers were saying.

But let's say you're 8th going into the new year. That means you're ahead of a lot teams you compete with in recruiting and on the field.

Reactions: dorndawg

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
$5 million total, or $5 million per year?

$5 million total ain’t much. Florida has raised $5 million just since April of last year. The big SEC programs are going to be distributing a minimum of $3-$4 million per year to football players. So whether we have a continuous $5 million per year revenue stream vs just $5 million total is quite a distinction that needs to be understood.

DesertDawg

Feb 13, 2017
And I’m still going to call horse**** on the numbers regardless. A fanbase that just ponied up $77.5m to push a coach out the door has only been able to scrounge up $4m for the team? Right….
Do you think anyone is giving their actual numbers? Some are out there bragging and it feels like they are exaggerating the numbers while others are just going about business and not discussing numbers openly.

Reactions: JohnBGeologist

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
Do you think anyone is giving their actual numbers? Some are out there bragging and it feels like they are exaggerating the numbers while others are just going about business and not discussing numbers openly.
Not naming any names, but I know one school who has been known to exaggerate numbers to achieve a higher ranking. Not that there's any schools on that list who would be petty enough to do that.....

Xenomorph

Feb 15, 2007
So help me out financial planners… without touching the capital the BI currently has a yearly operating budget of $150-$200K?

For everything… administrative, marketing, travel… hell, internet service….. oh, and buying players.

$200K/year?

Reactions: JohnBGeologist

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
If not for Football, baseball does not exist
We might get better players per dollar but how much is baseball really worth? I know it’s a money maker but I doubt it pulls the same kind of money as good bowl placements and ranked prime time games.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Seems pretty obvious he was referring to the return being success on the field, not money. I'd rather have a consistent final four team in basketball and consistent CWS team in baseball and have a ****** football team compared to being average in all three sports with 6 or 7 wins a year in football, even if the football program generates more money and even though I'd prefer to be good in football if that were an option. But being good in football is hard. We may not be able to be a consistent final four team in basketball, but as long as we have Jans, we can keep a top 20 team consistently I think. Baseball I don't know wtf to think anymore, but presumably we can do better than we are.
I’m the opposite. I couldn’t give to runny shites about basketball and baseball is fine when there is nothing else to do in the spring. The joy of Davis Wade rocking when we are beating a ranked conference opponent is unmatched.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
So help me out financial planners… without touching the capital the BI currently has a yearly operating budget of $150-$200K?

For everything… administrative, marketing, travel… hell, internet service….. oh, and buying players.

$200K/year?
I don't think we can afford to take that approach. Obviously to make a commitment beyond one year they can't promise everything they are getting, but I would assume they are spending close to half of what they are getting than 4% of what they have.

mcfly.sixpack

Mar 21, 2009
$5 million total, or $5 million per year?

$5 million total ain’t much. Florida has raised $5 million just since April of last year. The big SEC programs are going to be distributing a minimum of $3-$4 million per year to football players. So whether we have a continuous $5 million per year revenue stream vs just $5 million total is quite a distinction that needs to be understood.
More like $7-$9 million a year for football. These kids talk and all know what their value is. If auburn offered Rogers $500k we’re about to have to invest a big chunk of the fund into football transfers for next season if we want be competitive.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
If DS just donated his used tvs each year, could that be enough to get us to the top in an obscure sport? Maybe like women's bowling or something?
He dumped all the old screens and got brand new 8Ks when he moved us to On3. So he has no more old ones to sell.

Eleven Bravo

Aug 31, 2018
How can anyone really know the numbers on NIL? I mean, if anything would be kept secret, this would be it. I seriously doubt that Charlie Winfield is putting the real numbers out there, for obvious reasons. Along the same line, NIL numbers would seem to be perfect targets for exaggeration. Certain schools will certainly brag about how much money they have, especially when there is no way to disprove it. I’m thinking of one school in particular, if you get my drift. I’m told that school I’m talking about actually had to take out a loan to cover their shortfall when the money that was pledged to NIL didn’t come through as promised.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022
I’m the opposite. I couldn’t give to runny shites about basketball and baseball is fine when there is nothing else to do in the spring. The joy of Davis Wade rocking when we are beating a ranked conference opponent is unmatched.
Good lord man, if you only watch our football and baseball teams I'm surprised you haven't committed Harry Caray by now.

Our hoops are the only team(s) performing at or above expectations right now... and it's a lot of damn fun if you've never been at a game when we are good and the Hump is rocking. And we are going to be good this year.

Reactions: Hot Rock

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Good lord man, if you only watch our football and baseball teams I'm surprised you haven't committed Harry Caray by now.

Our hoops are the only team(s) performing at or above expectations right now... and it's a lot of damn fun if you've never been at a game when we are good and the Hump is rocking. And we are going to be good this year.
The Hump is fun when we are winning a big game. It doesn’t hold a candle to Davis Wade though.

Oct 1, 2023
Truth. Look at SMU, who has an actual payroll of $4m/year, and apparently have it fully costed for the next 4 years.

Reactions: DesertDawg
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login