Bulldog Initiative

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
Just signed up, like it or not it's where college sports are now. I encourage anyone not giving monthly to consider it. I know economic downturn and inflation and all.
I think one of the things we have to do is the humane society route with this. Hear me out give just $5 a month and you too can make a difference in a Bulldogs life. There are currently 150,000 MSU alumni living per the Google machine. A little math, if we could get people to go without their Starbucks once a month (easily average tab is $5, $60 a year) and if just 10% of those living alumni would do it 5x12x15000=900,000$ a year. It just goes up after that. If we could get to 30% of living alumni giving $60 a year we are talking 2.7 million dollars a year to bulldog NIL. So please consider giving just $5 a month and help the Bulldog Initiative.
sarah mclachlan nbc GIF by The Voice

MagicDawg

Nov 11, 2010
I don't even see options for $5/month or $60/year. The lowest contribution that shows up when I log in is $10 monthly or $500 annually.

Reactions: BigDawg0074

Puppychow

Nov 5, 2014
Dumb question, but are there any perks to go along with donating? Anything to incentivize people to join? Is a lapel pin or bumper sticker in play here? Something?

Bullldawg78

Aug 30, 2018
Ok so maybe it's 2 Starbucks a month you have to give up....didn't realize there was a monthly minimum.

CharlieWinfield

Feb 15, 2015
Dumb question, but are there any perks to go along with donating? Anything to incentivize people to join? Is a lapel pin or bumper sticker in play here? Something?
I will make it happen. I do have stickers, can get pins. Working on other things as well. Just a work in progress, unfortunately. And working with dawgstudent on a cool give away.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Don’t think it’s a dumb question at all, and now that this kind of stuff is actually kosher, it seems like a perfect opportunity to team up with the university to provide signed memorabilia, special meet/greet access, premium seating raffle entries, etc. How about NIL only parking or stadium entry?

The other thing for me, and I fully realize that this is a very tricky subject, would be better access to data reports and analytics. To start, where are donated funds going? What does it cost to land a Top 100 recruit? How do we compare to other university NIL funds?

Edited to add- My hat’s again off to Charlie for getting BI where it is today, but this thing needs an army, and I will never let Cohen off the hook for his failure to embrace NIL. Fully understand that he couldn’t do it publicly, but he certainly could’ve helped influence things behind the scene. Instead, it seems as if he just hoped it was going to magically go away

pcdog2017

Aug 18, 2019
Need this promoted on Sports Talk MS!! Ole Miss has had their guy on twice in the past few months. More visibility = more $$

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login