Bully 22- Dak to be introduced at SBW

NukeDogg

Mar 15, 2022

I thought the official mascot was always an offspring of the previous one? This makes it sound like this family from Meridian applied for the rights to be Jak's successor. How old is Jak anyway, feels like we just got him in the role a couple of years ago...

Edit: just looked it up. Jak took over as the official mascot in 2015, so going on 8 years now.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012

I thought the official mascot was always an offspring of the previous one? This makes it sound like this family from Meridian applied for the rights to be Jak's successor. How old is Jak anyway, feels like we just got him in the role a couple of years ago...

Edit: just looked it up. Jak took over as the official mascot in 2015, so going on 8 years now.
Wow... I feel like Jak Crystal's Golden Prince was just named as Champ's successor yesterday. 8 years blows by now.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020

Probably best to not stick to a single bloodline. We know this from Georgia's experience with UGA and our own experience with some posters on this board.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I’m sure he’ll serve us well before handing the reigns to Bully XXIII, Kwitravious.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022

Pretty sure this Bully is part of Jak's bloodline. You know the reigning Bully sires a lot of pups that are usually made available for purchase, and this sounds like one of those. The only thing unusual here is that he will live in Meridian instead of the vet school. I hope he makes frequent visits to the vet school, though, to stay in shape.

Reactions: Motodawg

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Maybe we're just setting up a sizeable gift from Prescott. Maybe he'll make a surprise visit to SBW for the coronation ceremony.

DawgsGoneWild

Sep 25, 2012
Jak is from a family in hazlehurst. And yes they sold its siblings for a butt ton of money

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Probably best to not stick to a single bloodline. We know this from Georgia's experience with UGA and our own experience with some posters on this board.
We have never got our Bully's from a single bloodline. It's a mascot not a king. Plus, the uga's I've seen can't walk 100 feet without taking a nap and have a tendency to die if you look at them crossways.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
We have never got our Bully's from a single bloodline. It's a mascot not a king. Plus, the uga's I've seen can't walk 100 feet without taking a nap and have a tendency to die if you look at them crossways.
We have been using the same bloodline since Bully XVI, who took over in the 90s. But it would not be some huge breach of tradition to go outside the bloodline.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login