Bumphis as receivers coach

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
I would like that. I think the guys like AJ brown end up in Starkville instead of Oxford for elsewhere with him recruiting for us.

Hate to burst your bubble, but that couldn’t be further from the truth. Nobody on the coaching staff has any effect on the decisions of players of that caliber.

Last edited:

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
Brown was never coming to MSU.

No, he was never coming to MSU.
I will be honest. I enjoyed my time in Starkville. But if I had grown up there I would not have stuck around if I had an opportunity to get out.

Hell, I live in the town I grew up in and I resent that fact and it's way bigger than Starkville.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
SMH, you guys have no idea how hard it is to recruit to utah.
Having a local guy that is well known in the high schools will help a ton.
Some of you guys only watch State games or sec games and it shows.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

Coast_Dawg

Nov 16, 2020
How many 5 star receivers are in utahs back yard. They recruit mostly California kids and some southern kids. Harder to recruit to Utah when kids aren't in your backyard like they are in Mississippi
I have no answer for you. I watched Utah beat USC in the PAC Championship game and have them on now. I can tell you nothing about Utah other than their HC name, their WR Coach name, their QB is long haired white guy.

The purpose of my question was I had no idea if he was being a smart *** or was being serious.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Yeah, I'm sure he could sign all the 2* receivers in the state. How successful are their receivers ? Does he coach their tight ends too ? Cause that's who gets most of the receiving yards there.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
The their receivers do a lot more than catch passes. They are a lot more involved in the run game and they know how to break tackles in space.
Yeah, I'm sure he could sign all the 2* receivers in the state. How successful are their receivers ? Does he coach their tight ends too ? Cause that's who gets most of the receiving yards there.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
The their receivers do a lot more than catch passes. They are a lot more involved in the run game and they know how to break tackles in space.
They can run jet sweeps, so yeah....thats exactly what we need since we run them constantly. Utah is a running team. I have no idea why you people are infatuated with hiring a WR coach from a running team. Where are your statistics showing what a great WR coach he is ? Are there any ? Has he improved their recruiting at that position ? The goal is to improve the team.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
They can run jet sweeps, so yeah....thats exactly what we need since we run them constantly. Utah is a running team. I have no idea why you people are infatuated with hiring a WR coach from a running team. Where are your statistics showing what a great WR coach he is ? Are there any ? Has he improved their recruiting at that position ? The goal is to improve the team.
Changes are coming to offense. I hate to tell you but we won't be running the leach air raid next season.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
We definitely need to make some big changes. A Miss State team winning 9 games need deconstructing for sure. Where is Sly Croom when ya need him ? Maybe Bump is ready for an OC job ??

retire the banner

Dec 29, 2022
We definitely need to make some big changes. A Miss State team winning 9 games need deconstructing for sure. Where is Sly Croom when ya need him ? Maybe Bump is ready for an OC job ??
If you’re fine running back our offensive coaching staff and personnel then you clearly didn’t watch us play this year.

johnson86-1

Aug 22, 2012
I don’t know how to deal with a msu fan that thinks we had the option of keeping the staff the same and not having big changes.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login