Buy or Sell - Arnett is still HC as of today if Jimbo is not fired yesterday.

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I really think things were so bad this was going to happen this week regardless. Hard sell.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Sell, this discussion has been going on for a while. The loss by such a huge margin to TAM had more to do with the timing. CZA lost the team when Will got hurt.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Sell. I think it was more about losing 51-10 to a third string QB. If we lose 17-10 I doubt we make the move just yet.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
50/50. I do expect this firing to ripple some though. 2 openings in the West. Arkansas is about to hop in. If Florida is really saying adios to Napier, they may feel pressure to get in the mix quickly. They've begun to compete with the A&M and Auburns of the conference for most dysfunctional program...

Delmar

Jan 8, 2008
Sell. You had to do it today or after the season. No way you do it after the USM game with the short week prior to the Egg Bowl. This allows you to have real conversations with candidates.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Buy. I think if A&M is willing to fire a coach a few weeks before they could have still fired him and pay a lower buyout, it shows some of the decision makers at MSU(and elsewhere) that they need to adjust how they view coaching searches too.
^ maybe thats just me being wishful and applying what I hope happened onto those with power.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
It’s ridiculous that sec morning live isn’t even reporting it. This network sucks.

People still watch live morning sports news?...and regionalized live morning sports news at that?

Wait, I got it- you are sitting at a quick lube place getting your oil changed and are having to watch whatever they have on. Did I get it right? Or maybe a tire shop? SportClips and you are getting a haircut?
Just trying to think of scenarios where anyone would watch regionalized live morning sports news at 830am on a weekday.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Sell. I think it was more about losing 51-10 to a third string QB. If we lose 17-10 I doubt we make the move just yet.
Well we've been losing to 2nd and 3rd string QB's all season and went into OT w/ one against AZ that we won

Nov 29, 2017
People still watch live morning sports news?...and regionalized live morning sports news at that?

Wait, I got it- you are sitting at a quick lube place getting your oil changed and are having to watch whatever they have on. Did I get it right? Or maybe a tire shop? SportClips and you are getting a haircut?
Just trying to think of scenarios where anyone would watch regionalized live morning sports news at 830am on a weekday.
Go 17 yourself

• Haha
Reactions: CochiseCowbell

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Sell… my guess is the decision had been made and we have been able to put together a short list that has probably communicated their interest through agents. I bet we have a replacement named by Monday after thanksgiving.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Go 17 yourself
Fair- the criticism was dripping from that post of mine.
I just still cant imagine a scenario in November of '23 where a live sports news show with regional coverage is what someone wants to turn on at 830 on a Monday.
It was funny to me because I just dont even think about watching such a show. Maybe a morning live sports news show with regional coverage is actually quite popular and a ton of people here watch it on weekday mornings. I very well could be the odd duck here.

Reactions: Eleven Bravo

MaroonSadness99

Aug 1, 2022
Sell. I think Saturday was bad enough regardless of Jimbo’s situation that arnett needed to go. I honestly expected the arnett news Sunday when I woke up.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Huge Sell.

A&M already knows who their next coach is. Otherwise, Fisher would have been fired after the OM loss.

And even if they didn’t already have a guy, we’re not playing in the same sandbox as they are. There will be likely zero overlap between their targets and ours.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login