Buy or Sell - Cohen regrets his decision now that he was forced to hire Hugh Freeze**

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
as long as Freeze wins, Cohen will feel zero pressure. If Freeze has a couple of bad seasons (which he is prone to do), Cohen will be the fall guy

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Sell - with Pearl, Thompson and Freeze he likely won't have another head coaching change in a major sport for at least a couple of years. Harris is trying to rebuild WBB so he can give her a couple of more years too. He's been on the job for 4 weeks so he won't take all the heat for hiring Freeze, everyone knows it's wasn't his decision. And if Freeze gets them playing well, all will be forgiven soon. Should be a fairly low stress job for 1-2 years.

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Maroon Eagle

May 24, 2006
Sell - with Pearl, Thompson and Freeze he likely won't have another head coaching change in a major sport for at least a couple of years. Harris is trying to rebuild WBB so he can give her a couple of more years too. He's been on the job for 4 weeks so he won't take all the heat for hiring Freeze, everyone knows it's wasn't his decision. And if Freeze gets them playing well, all will be forgiven soon. Should be a fairly low stress job for 1-2 years.
Yep.

Things are on cruise control until he’ll retire when he’s 60.

What could possibly go wrong for Auburn in four years? **

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Sell: Based on just what casual fans know about Auburn disfunction, there is no way he didn't know exactly what kind of mess he was walking into. Of course, he may have known, but assumed that a Freeze hire was a bridge too far, even for Auburn...

DerHntr

Sep 18, 2007
Buy. He left a good situation in Starkville. I can’t imagine he is looking forward to the press conference, when instead it should be his first big opportunity to show the fans what he is capable of doing.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
There is definitely some discomfort in the sphincter region but the full blown regret won’t set in until the first godly controversy.

Reactions: CoastRat.sixpack

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
Sell. If I’m offered that kind of money to just sit and act busy while making the calls they want, I’ll take it.

Reactions: Fang1

patdog

May 28, 2007
Sell. I can't imagine he didn't discuss this with them when he interviewed. And I can't imagine they hid the fact they'd been in discussions with Freeze for weeks. I think it gives credence to the story that Cohen was forced out at MSU. Either that or he was never nearly as stand up a guy as a lot of people said he was.

pseudonym

Oct 6, 2022
I don’t think he regrets his decision to go to Auburn, but he probably regrets that the search ended with Freeze and all of the political and social backlash.

TrueMaroonGrind

Jan 6, 2017
Sell. It’s amazing what people can make themselves believe. He’s now tied himself to Freeze’s tenure at Auburn. He’ll regret it later when it gets bumpy.

22yardpunt

Dec 20, 2009
Nah. He said it was going to be his hire. It was his hire. He even said today in Hugh's presser that he believes in the Auburn creed or whatever. I started to throw up but then realized I'm kind of glad he is over there now overthinking and second-guessing everything.

Reactions: Wesson Bulldog

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Things will go sideways. either that or Freezus beats the great Satan two out of the next three years and all will be right on the Plains. All that really matters to them is beating Bama.

Freezus is the way, the half-truth, and the lie.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
I really don't see any scenario in which Cohen thought it was ok to hire Freeze. You know he's miserable down there.
Agreed. I’m sure Cohen and Auburn thought Kiffin was in the bag. I’m thinking Kiffin was willing to bet A&M or Bama will come open in the near future.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
According to my Auburn source, Kiffin was in the bag prior to the Egg Bowl. Auburn didn’t want to announce until after the Iron Bowl in deference to Cadillac. This gave OM time to talk Lane in to staying. He said it was a done deal other than signing the contract but that’s the most important part.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

chuckster.sixpack

Mar 26, 2015
I really don't see any scenario in which Cohen thought it was ok to hire Freeze. You know he's miserable down there.
I think he sees a path to the Final Four, the College Football Playoff, and the CWS. As competitive as he is, I think he is far from miserable. He is in his element.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Complete dump and run. He's "regretting" it all the way to bank.

BigDawg0074

Oct 12, 2016
Sell. They will win a lot of football games and their baseball program is no slouch.

PogueLife

Nov 8, 2022
Cohen isn't calling the shots on anything over there. He was literally given the smaller office and the Penske file. And he is clearly NOT Penske material!

Reactions: STATEgrad04
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login